Considering Cpo Gs350 And Have Some Questions.

Are there any differences between '08 and '09 GS350's?

Secondly, when you purchase a CPO do you get the remainder of the 4 year / 50K mile new car warranty? If I buy a 2008 with 12,000 miles, do I still get the new car bumper to bumper warranty until 2012 or 50,000k AND then get another 2 year or 50,000 mile CPO warranty after expiration of the new car bumper to bumper warranty? I have read the literature on the Lexus forum and it is unclear if you still get the new car warranty until it is up when you buy a CPO Lexus.

Thanks!

Yes, you get the remainder of the 4 year / 50,000 mile basic and 6 year / 70,000 mile warranties on a used Lexus. An extended warranty kicks in only after the warranties that originally came with the car have expired. I assume that the Lexus division of TMC funds the original warranties. I've never heard whether Lexus or an outside company supplies the CPO warranties.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you get the remainder of the 4 year / 50,000 mile basic and 6 year / 70,000 mile warranties on a used Lexus.

I believe this is incorrect.

I recently bought a CPO'd 2008 GS350 with appx 20k miles. My understanding was that it carries a CPO warranty of 3 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first (see Lexus CPO webpage here: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html).

Yes, you get the remainder of the 4 year / 50,000 mile basic and 6 year / 70,000 mile warranties on a used Lexus.

I recently bought a CPO'd 2008 GS350 with appx 20k miles. My understanding was that it carries a CPO warranty of 3 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first (see Lexus CPO webpage here: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html).

Yes I agree with the latest comment, if you buy CPO, it's 3 years or 100K Miles whichever comes first. That's it.

Yes I agree with the latest comment, if you buy CPO, it's 3 years or 100K Miles whichever comes first. That's it.

This is true. I just purchased a CPO 2008 GS350 and my husband is also a mechanic for over 15 years. As soon as the car is driven off the lot for the very first time (so, in 2008 when the first owner bought it), the warranty begins. When I purchased it last month, I had what was left of the factory warranty. We purchased an extended warranty to make sure it gets us through longer.