Gs300 To Gs400

Would your rates go up? Yes, it's a V8 vs a V6.

By how much? Who knows, it depends on your age, driving record, and other factors (those being the biggest two). I'm 36, spotless record my entire life (thanks to a couple of lawyers along the way ;) ), and my insurance for a new Porsche 911 turbo would probably be less than a 17 year old with points on his/her record driving a honda civic. It's all about your "history".

Would your rates go up? Yes, it's a V8 vs a V6.

By how much? Who knows, it depends on your age, driving record, and other factors (those being the biggest two). I'm 36, spotless record my entire life (thanks to a couple of lawyers along the way ;) ), and my insurance for a new Porsche 911 turbo would probably be less than a 17 year old with points on his/her record driving a honda civic. It's all about your "history".

Spot on with that answer. I have quite a poor record from my College days. Im paying $3200 a year through Progressive for my 2005 GS300.

I was quoted nearly $1000 higher for a GS430 from progressive.

I contacted many companies for other quotes. Some wouldnt even bother, but every one was substantially higher when I requested the V8 quote.

Im not sure if any of that helps you, but in short Yes you will be paying more. How much more depends on your record as was stated above.

If you dont mind...why are do you desire the upgrade? More Power? Ever consider building your GS300? It seems like it would be much less of a task than selling your car, finding a GS400/430 you like and all that.

Just my 2cents.

Goodluck

My 2001 GS430 costs me less than $700 a year to insure, full coverage, $250 deductible, USAA. It went UP a few bucks from my former 07' Mazda 3 GT. Three reasons: Location (In sh*tcago now, not North Carolina), the cost of repairs on a Lexus vs Mazda (Ford), and a 300 hp 4.3 V8 vs. a 165 hp 2.3 I4. Even though the Mazda begged to be driven aggresively and was FAR more of a true sports car than the Lexus. The Mazda had 8 airbags (but poor crash test results), the Lexus...well, i'm not sure actually, but excellent crash test results.

V8 engines stop being a major contributor to your insurance premiums around 30 years of age.

The difference between my rates and Xarnette (dang man, did you get into a little Budweiser 500 action?), is justification in my mind to spend that $500 on a lawyer to knock that speeding ticket down to a glorified parking ticket and off of your record ;)

it should be relatively the same but comparing quotes with other people is a waste of time mostly because of how insurance companies calculate individual rates. factors like education/income/driving record/credit score ect come into play...

haha yea Budweiser 500 is right. Between the glorious ages of 21 & 23 I managed to produce some fairly poor decisions (suspended once, then again, then @ random from my home state for not reporting the 2 priors for a grand total of 3 dui's). West Virginia University got the best of me...and coming from the flatlands of Connecticut...i guess I couldn’t handle those winding mountain roads, especially after hitting the bottle.

But my premiums reflect my past. Cant wait till those clear up a little.

Even a good lawyer couldnt absolve my lack of good judgment.

But we live and learn, and are reprimanded until we conform. Just glad I made it out alive & a much less reckless