Gap Above Center Vent

So when I bought my 2006 IS360 back in July of this year I noticed that there was a very large gap above the center vent between the vent and the dash. I brought it to Lexus and figured it had to do with the previous owner parking the car outside and it was sun damage which is common in many vehicles. Lexus without a question said they would repair it under warranty. When they had the dash out they said that the windshield had been replaced on the car and it is a non-oem windshield which may have caused the dash to gap like it did. If they did find out that this was then case then I would have the pay for the labor which was $115 an hour! Well low and behold they put it back together with the new dash cover and said the windshield was not the culprit and the new dash looks great. I inspected it myself afterwards and the dash looked as good as new. Now flash foward alittle over a month later and the dash is starting to gap again. It's not as bad as it was previously but it has gotten pregressively worse from when the new dash was first installed. I've seen several 2nd gen IS's and some seem to suffer from a minor gap while others have no gap. My dash gap is just above the minor gaps I've seen as it is raised about an 1/8 of an inch above the vent primarily more on the drivers side. I'm now beginning to think that the aftermarket windhield has something to do with it but you would think it would throw the rest of the dash out of whack, but everything else is aligned perfectly, even near the defroster vent on the bottom of the windshield. It's just the gap above the center vent on the dash that throws it all off.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix?

2006 IS360

There's your problem! lol. So sorry, couldn't help but comment on that. ;-)

I've had three IS250s. A 2006, 2007 and 2009. None of them have had that gap that you're mentioning.

I don't know I think your problem is bigger than mine since I see a 250 instead of a 350. :P

I have a small gap maybe 1/16" on one side and at the top. Probably due to having the dash removed twice and replaced because of the infamous dash board rattle/buzz. The issue with the dash is simple - it's one piece and difficult to make adjustments on it. That is the reason for the rattle/buzz as well. The gap doesn't really bother me.

I have a small gap maybe 1/16" on one side and at the top. Probably due to having the dash removed twice and replaced because of the infamous dash board rattle/buzz. The issue with the dash is simple - it's one piece and difficult to make adjustments on it. That is the reason for the rattle/buzz as well. The gap doesn't really bother me.

Yeah I hear you. I'm just anal when it comes to stuff like that, I expect perfection. ;)

I may take out the center center to see if anything can be done to remove the gap. If I pus down with my finger the gap looks perfect.

2006 IS360

There's your problem! lol. So sorry, couldn't help but comment on that. ;-)

I've had three IS250s. A 2006, 2007 and 2009. None of them have had that gap that you're mentioning.

I don't know I think your problem is bigger than mine since I see a 250 instead of a 350. :P

I see "IS 360" instead of 350. That's what I was talking about. Just a typo.....

And yeah, it's only the 250. So sorry! But I think they've both got the same basic interior! B)