"maint Reqd" Dash Warning Light- How To Get Rid Of It?

Hey guys. I bought my 08 Rx400h end of May with around 43k miles on the odo. There was a lexus service sticker on the upper windshield stating the car was due for service at lexus at 45,xxx miles, but i removed it since my parents have the cars serviced somewhere else other than lexus.

Well, here it is a few months later and i've hit 45k miles. The other day i noticed this warning on the dash:

img00617l.jpg

I figured the previous owner must have set something in the nav screen settings under maintenance. I went through the settings on the nav screen and set everything to off. I figured the warning on the gauge cluster would go off.

Well, it's been a few days and the darn warning is still there. It states "Maint Reqd" and the red triangular indicator light is on.

I was at a family function today, and brought it up with my cousin who has an 07 Rx350. She told me this is probably something programmed by the lexus service people to remind the owner they need to take it to them.

Well, is this true? Do i need to go to the dealer to have them turn the darn warning off? Thanks guys!

In '04 they started including a "MAINT REQUIRED" light/display message. Its purely a timer the dealer resets and it comes back on in 5k miles. My ES doesn't have one, but the '04 Prius does as does my dad's LS430.

There IS some sort of weird process you can go through to reset it, but it cannot be disabled. I can tell you what it is for the Prius...don't know if it will work on the RX though...

Here it is...I highly doubt this will work on the RX:

Press start button until car turns the ignition on

Make sure the odometer displays "ODO" NOT TRIP

Press and hold the ODO trip reset button in

press start button until car turns off

press start button until car turns back to ON

Hold the ODO button in until all the flashing lines on the odometer go away and the mileage returns and the maint reset light stops flashing

On some cars its an amber light, on some its a display message like yours. All the same basic thing though.

I bet what SW03ES said may work.

In my RX330 you just hold down the odometer/trip button with the car off and turn the key to acc, but not all the way on. Leave the button pressed until the maintenance required warning goes away and it is reset.

Thats pretty similar. Good luck.

I bet its the same as on your vehicle muff...

Yes, same procedure on the RX350. The 'maintenance required ' reminder counts a certain number of miles (usually 5,000) to alert to the need for an oil change. It counts from when the last 'reset' was made.

The procedure for resetting the mileage timer and removing the message is in the owner's manual. If it HAS been 5000 miles since the oil was last changed, you should have it done, soon.

• 1 month later...

Just to restate what's already been said...

How to turn off the MAINT REQD dashboard light in a 2007 Lexus RX350

1. Locate the ODO/TRIP button on the dashboard. This is a mechanical button (not a button on a computer screen) located to the left of the steering column, just below the tachometer.

2. With the car running, the ODO/TRIP button will switch the odometer display between Trip A, Trip B, and the total miles your vehicle has been driven (ODO). Set the current display to total miles driven and turn off the car.

3. With the car off, press and hold in the ODO/TRIP button while you turn the key to the "on" position without starting the engine. You will notice the odometer display counts down in hash marks from six to zero. After it reaches zero, release the ODO/TRIP button and turn the key to the off position. Restart your car and the light should be off.