Es350 Ultra Luxury Edition

amf1932

A friend of mine told me the the Ultra Luxury Edition ES350 is only available on special order now, with a wait of 12 weeks. I called my dealer and he verified this fact.

Can any of you guys add any additional information on this subject?

A friend of mine told me the the Ultra Luxury Edition ES350 is only available on special order now, with a wait of 12 weeks. I called my dealer and he verified this fact.

Can any of you guys add any additional information on this subject?

I tried to get the Ultra Pkg in December '08, in Calif, and was told they weren't available at that time, so I settled on the Premium Plus Pkg. I see very few of them here on the west coast. It may just be a production thing.....I don't know.

I tried to get the Ultra Pkg in December '08, in Calif, and was told they weren't available at that time, so I settled on the Premium Plus Pkg. I see very few of them here on the west coast. It may just be a production thing.....I don't know.

So I guess that you can't get a new ES350 equipped with a Mark Levinson sound system unless you special order the UL package.

I have not seen any Ultra's in the Atlanta area dealerships, in fact when I got my ES in January my sales consultant told me that Lexus was cutting back on production on some models due to the downturn in the economy. So this is probably true. I see very few Ultra's here in GA.......In fact I don't think they ever made that many anyway, I never seen that many even in 2007...... :cheers:

I haven't seen one at the dealer for a long time...I'd believe that.

I wouldn't buy the car without the UL package personally...

I agree. That glass roof just makes it look like a completely different car on the outside. And on the inside, with all the features it's all worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

So I guess that you can't get a new ES350 equipped with a Mark Levinson sound system unless you special order the UL package.

Greetings: I just registered for this forum after picking up an '09 ES350 last week. My Starfire Pearl with tan interior has the Mark Levinson system with the Premium Plus Pkg. and other assorted accessories, including Parking Assist. ES350s with the the upgraded audio/nav system may be somewhat rare, but they are out there.

Does your car have the panoramic roof?

I've never seen an ES with the ML that wasn't a UL...

No, it's a typical ES350 with the standard sun roof that came with the ML system with a sticker price of $4,250. I wanted XM satellite radio as well, but had to have the dealer install it. I was told that ES350s that arrive at the dealer with XM installed didn't come from the factory that way; that they are installed at the POE before being shipped to the dealers. I was assured that the dealer installation would be identical to what was done at the port of entry. When I took delivery, the tech who installed the XM radio attached the little black antenna to the top of trunk lid, in the forward right corner. The tech said that was where Lexus recommended that it be positioned. I complained about it, saying that it looked tacky, especially on a Starlight Pearl Lexus. It also looked as if I had gone to Fry's Electronics or a radio shop for the installation. After my salesman and I got together with the tech who installed the XM, the tech thought the antenna would work just as well under the rear window. In fact, the tech said there was a slight depression under the rear window carpet where the antenna would be invisible to the eye. Ten minutes later, the tech had repositioned the antenna under the carpet. It was completely hidden from view and works fine. Sorry to get off topic, but I thought my experience with the XM SAT radio might prove interesting and/or useful to someone else reading this thread.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

As a very late viewer to this topic I just wanted to add the following. I have an 08 Ultra Premium Black/Tan with some Special edition options I have not seen elsewhere. Aside from the usual full length glass ceiling with dual viewing roofs front & rear, ML sound, air conditioned front seats etc., it has headrests embroidered with the Lexus logo, solid chrome front grill, solid chrome 7 spoke wheel rims, full length tan pin stripes along the upper side panels as well as gold Lexus decals and name plate on hood & trunk respectively. I cannot stop at a gas station without someone saying, `that's a gorgeous car'.

I know it's the only one in Canada as 2 different Toronto dealers have told me so. When I took it on for its first checkup the head mechanic asked me `Where in the heck did you get this baby ?' I told the truth : Lexus of Rockville Centre, New York. He replied, 'Damn, we can't even order those up here !'

All of those options you mention (Lexus emblem on headrests, pinstripes, solid chrome grille, chrome wheels & gold emblems) are dealer add on "accessory" options. Lexus never provided those options from the factory.