1994 Lexus Ls 400 Extended Warranty Plan

Larry W

I received a call today at work from a company called Nationwide offering me an extended warranty plan for my Lexus. They offered a plan that covers the entire drive train, (timing belt too),power steering assembly, a/c, electrical (starter,alternator), etc and pretty much all of the major items are included (GPS too if I had it) and I can choose my own shop to take it to (Lexus or Toyota). 24 hr roadside assistance is included. The plan extends my 90,000 beauty to 190,000 or 5 years for $2805. Has anyone purchased this plan and how is it? Are you pleased? $168.30 per month seems like a bargain, but I would like some feedback from other owners.

Please don't fall for that scam. It's been going on for several years now, they randomly call numbers and promise a warranty on your car without any information what so ever. They're looking to fish your VIN as well as address and credit card info to sell to other people. I used to get calls daily at any hour from at least 3-4 dozen places offering this. I'm surprised you'd never heard of it.

No one can offer and backup the claims these people make, they'd be out of business on day one if they even remotely held up to their promises.

Please don't fall for that scam. It's been going on for several years now, they randomly call numbers and promise a warranty on your car without any information what so ever. They're looking to fish your VIN as well as address and credit card info to sell to other people. I used to get calls daily at any hour from at least 3-4 dozen places offering this. I'm surprised you'd never heard of it.

No one can offer and backup the claims these people make, they'd be out of business on day one if they even remotely held up to their promises.

I did some research and found one complaint on rip-off report.com. 9 or 10 complaints on the BBB website. Most of the complaints were resolved. The (3) US companies do "NOT" have an accreditation from the BBB. I think we'll pass on this company for now.

They flooded the market in Ontario a few months back.

Tons of compaints, because we have a "no solicitation list" up here,

yet this Nationwide company somehow broke through.

Its a complete scam, ignore it.