Sc430 Check Engine Light - Vsc And Vsc Off Light Problem

mkohan

I HAVE A 2003 LEXUS SC430 62K

RECENTLY MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, VSC & VSC OFF LIGHTS ALL CAME ON.

I REPLACED THE OXYGEN SENSOR AND NOW THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS OFF,

AND WHEN I TURN THE CAR ON, ALL THE LIGHTS ARE OFF.

BUT WHEN I MOVE THE CAR THE VSC & VSC OFF TURN ON

HOW DO I DISABLE OR CLEAR THE VSC & VSC OFF ????

CAN ANYONE HELP???

If we had the old search feature of this forum back (hint, hint), I could find the most recent thread (by jainla, I think) that had the VSC reset procedure for newer Lexus cars. It was easier on my 00 LS400 -- I think I remember that on later cars it takes a short jumper wire to temporarily bridge two pins on a connector or junction box.

I think the procedure jainla posted was for an LS430 but it might be the same on the SC430.

You might find it by searching. I haven't been able to.

Here's the original post with the attachment showing which pins to jump:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=oxygen+sensor

You'll see the display change to VSC test or something like that. After a few seconds pull the clip. I think i had to restart the car and the warning went away.

Also if the other oxygen sensor hasn't been replaced recently (on the other bank) you might as well go ahead and replace it now. Best practice is to replace the pair; otherwise the old one will go out of spec and you'll get the code again.

Yes, the new search feature sucks. (hint, hint) lol! :lol:

Yep. But if you use the search box at the bottom of the individual forum rather than the global search link at the top you can still use the old search form.

:cheers:

Yes, the new search feature sucks. (hint, hint) lol! :lol:

Yep. But if you use the search box at the bottom of the individual forum rather than the global search link at the top you can still use the old search form.

:cheers:

Shazam! Thanks! Yep, just as you said, the old search form can still be invoked from the bottom of a forum.

post-2157-1249058736_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Have 05 SC430 with code P0031 which is bank 1 sensor 1 heater circuit low . Replaced driver side upper ; drove 10 miles then got multiple codes P0031 again, P0051 bank 2 sensor 1 heater circuit low, P0133 CKT slow response bank1 sensor 1 and P0134 CKT noactivity bank 1 sensor 1. My question is should I replace all the sensors, top and bottom? What doe this language mean? Also have VSC light issue but they go out when computer is cleared.