Rx 300 Steam Clean Engine

emory39

I have a 2002 Lexus RX 300 and would like to "lightly" steam clean the engine.

I am aware of all of the precautions regarding protecting sensitive electronic controls and items.

I have steam cleaned many an engine and taken great care not to contaminate any electrical or associated items.

I have never had a problem however I wanted to solicit some advice from a forum member who may have performed this cleaning and not had a problem

Has any forum member steam cleaned their engine and if so how did you go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

I have a 2002 Lexus RX 300 and would like to "lightly" steam clean the engine.

I am aware of all of the precautions regarding protecting sensitive electronic controls and items.

I have steam cleaned many an engine and taken great care not to contaminate any electrical or associated items.

I have never had a problem however I wanted to solicit some advice from a forum member who may have performed this cleaning and not had a problem

Has any forum member steam cleaned their engine and if so how did you go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Emory- though I don't use a steam cleaner, I use a pressure washer (couldn't live without one), I do take precaution to cover sensitive stuff, I have never had a problem with getting things wet. I have a compressor, so I do run it immediately after and blow it down good with a long wand blower.

It's important not to get water in past the seal on the COP's. If you do, and it's npt dried out before you run it, you have big problems with the water turning into steam around the plug and COP and not being able to get out of there. Probably best to pull the COP's after cleaning and making sure no water got in there.