Rear Seat Options

BigBuggie

Im wondering if anyone has done anything to a 1992 regarding the rear seat, There sure woulod be alot of room if it would fold down. Has anyone played around with this? I took a breif look around and came to the conclusion that it does NOT fold. What do you think would be involved in making a modification?

Thanks! Pete

What do you think would be involved in making a modification?

Divine intervention!

Seriously, have you taken the seat cushion and seat back out to take a look? The seat cushion pops right out but the seat back is bolted in pretty good. Are you good at fabricating hinges and locks with machine tools?

If you need to occasionally haul things in the rear seat area, just pop the seat cushion out and store it. People used to kid me about my gen 1 "LS400 SUV". I removed the rear seat cushion a number of times to carry coolers and camping gear for canoe trips down the White River in Southern Missouri. Didn't seem to hurt anything -- interior looked like new when I sold the car after 13+ years.

In Japan the rear seat has both heated and folding options. It's possible to get the seat and all the associated wiring, but why? It's already a big car, unless you carry around dudes who are 8ft tall I wouldn't bother.

In Japan the rear seat has both heated and folding options. It's possible to get the seat and all the associated wiring, but why? It's already a big car, unless you carry around dudes who are 8ft tall I wouldn't bother.

The Japanese home market LS400 rear seat did not "fold" although there was a power slide rear seat option similar to that in the U.S. spec LS430 Ultra Luxury: http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota...or/2000_8/5797/

The Japanese home market LS400 rear seat did not "fold" although there was a power slide rear seat option similar to that in the U.S. spec LS430 Ultra Luxury: http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota...or/2000_8/5797/

I meant recline when I said fold. Good catch.