One Touch Feature On Moonroof Not Working

clewis

Today I replaced the battery in my 2005 RX 330. I have successfully reset all settings with the exception of the moonroof. Before replacing the battery, it would open and close with just one touch in the direction I wanted it to go. Now, even though I have followed the instructions in my owners manual to the letter, I cannot get it to function correctly.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Any help would be appreciated :(

That procedure of "activating" the moonroof must be done perfectly, but you only have one chance to do it.

Remove the negative terminal on the battery for 30 mins. Then put it back on, and try the procedure again.

You may have already tried, but did you try holding the button down until the roof goes through an ENTRIE sequence. It should open all the way, close all the way, tilt open all the way then return to the original closed position. Once it has done this it should work correctly. Post if you have already tried.

Today I replaced the battery in my 2005 RX 330. I have successfully reset all settings with the exception of the moonroof. Before replacing the battery, it would open and close with just one touch in the direction I wanted it to go. Now, even though I have followed the instructions in my owners manual to the letter, I cannot get it to function correctly.

Check here

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=58822

for the procedure. It's near the end of the post. You'll also have to reset your windows so you have the one touch up and down, your memory seats, nav settings etc. etc.

Just push the 'slide' switch toward the front of the vehicle and hold it there. The sunroof will tilt up, down (even though you're using the slide switch) then slide back and forth. Keep holding the switch toward the front while it runs through all the motions. When it finally stops moving, let go of the switch and all should be good.

If u read your manual it says it there. I'm a car geek so i read every single page on my manual and know where everything is.

How to reset the moonroof is on page 131 on your RX330 manual.

If u read your manual it says it there. I'm a car geek so i read every single page on my manual and know where everything is.

How to reset the moonroof is on page 131 on your RX330 manual.

He says he followed the instructions in his owner's manual. Must be doing something wrong.

• 2 years later...

So it seams like the moon roof reset works by holding down the slide switch or the tilt switch. My 2004 RX330 resets by holding the tilt switch and letting it cycle through tilt, open, close, the slide switch did not work....