1992 Ls 400 Amp Blown?

weidmark

so a few weeks ago i turned on the sound in my car and all of a sudden i heard a static sound coming from my subwoofer then a popping sound... then no more sound came from the sub. i have no experience with this stuff so i thought it was just a blown sub... today i took out the sub and tested it and it was still working just fine. so now m assuming it was the amp... does this mean the amp is blown and needs to be replaced? or is it just like a blown fuse or something? also where is the amp located on a 92 ls400 with the nak system? i was told under the passenger seat... but i looked there and didnt see it.

Thanks

so a few weeks ago i turned on the sound in my car and all of a sudden i heard a static sound coming from my subwoofer then a popping sound... then no more sound came from the sub. i have no experience with this stuff so i thought it was just a blown sub... today i took out the sub and tested it and it was still working just fine. so now m assuming it was the amp... does this mean the amp is blown and needs to be replaced? or is it just like a blown fuse or something? also where is the amp located on a 92 ls400 with the nak system? i was told under the passenger seat... but i looked there and didnt see it.

Thanks

I've got the 91 LS400 and the amp is located in the trunk. Facing the trunk, it is directly behind the left aft passenger seat back and behind the carpeting. Make sure your other speakers work fine, check the balance, FWD, AFT, left and right operation. If all your speakers work the you will want to focus on the amp but make sure it is getting power and the harness from the amp to the radio is intact. I have the Panasonic system so I am not sure if the setup is the same. Good luck and keep the forum posted.