I'm Getting A Squeaking Noise

vroom8

B) sort of a squeaking coming from my belt area...just had the pulleys replaced and new belt...about 1 year old....has anyone ever sprayed belt oil on the belt??...does it work?

hey how are u guys???? :D

Usually the squeak is from the tensioner pulley. Try to spray some WD-40 around them. If the belt is slipping, I would just replace it. Once they slip a little and get glazed, they never work very well.

If your belt is still good but glazed just add some toothpaste to the belt (groove side only) and it removes all the glazing and the belt will start gripping again.....no harm done to the belt since toothpaste has very mild abrasives......

just my opinion, could be your fan bracket, the fan itself or clutch fan rarely goes out since its oil filled, most likely your fan bracket going bad, and this cant be rebuilt or change the bearing unlike the belt tensioner

i would check them all and run the car and try to look for one that has seized. i replaced one before, the belt broke and as i put a new belt on i realized the tensioner wasnt even moving when the car was running. after i replaced the tensioner it was fine.

so, i took it in to my mechanic......and he said that my starter was going out! it has been clicking for a while...and i thought so.....soooooooooooo......new lexus starter $262.00...and since it is in such a crazy place...why wouldn't it be???

he gave me a quote of $1100 to replace!! he said the labor would be about $500.

OUCH!!! :blink: