Looking For A Bull Bar For My 08 Rx400h

When was the last time you saw a bull bar on a Porsche 911?

I'm giving serous thought to adding one to my Porsche 968. No one will ever "push" me around again. :)

Tom

Please post a pic of that!

CD- I guess it is not that bad. Still not something I would have done. I had a jeep Cherokee and I had put tow hooks on it and a hitch but there was a reason for them and I used them. The bull bar to me doesn't give a luxury suv a classy feel. Why not order a lift kit and some super swampers tires. Just doesn't fit. Glad u like it that's all that matters.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt that the roof rack was ugly for the reason that has been stated...it's a luxury car, am I supposed to throw a deer up there? My car looks so much nicer, sleeker and more luxurious without that ugly thing up there. See? we all have opinions and that's why I love seeing what people do with their cars. It's fun.... and to each his or her own! It's more of a "Guy Thing" to accessorize cars anyway....at least that's been my experience. My lady has an '05 ES 330 and she still has the dealer plate frame! But anyway, cduluk is young...it took me years to be able to have a luxury car...years of building my business...he's lucky to have an amazing car,an expensive car and be young as well! let him have his fun. Rey iin L.A.

... am I supposed to throw a deer up there?

I always find it interesting how people use such extreme examples. I have my snow board rack attached all winter, its functional and it looks pretty slick too (IMO) lol. I think that we have to keep in mind that these vehicles do have the UV as part of there LUV name, they are not cars, pretty close but not. I'm not saying that we should enter a 4x4 rally, but many of us, do use these things in ways I would never my car, IE taking it up the mountain with roof racks and carriers attached, or pulling my sea doos in the summer. I personally think that the bull bar Cduluk went with looks pretty OK, definitely not bad... I mean if you had gone with the full BUSH bars that I see on some Fords and Chevy's in my neck of the woods, I'd be singing a different tune. It looks similar to many that I've seen on MB ML's and I think that the RX is arguably in the same class.

I definitly don't think it looks out of place on it.

My .02.

... am I supposed to throw a deer up there?

I always find it interesting how people use such extreme examples. I have my snow board rack attached all winter, its functional and it looks pretty slick too (IMO) lol. I think that we have to keep in mind that these vehicles do have the UV as part of there LUV name, they are not cars, pretty close but not. I'm not saying that we should enter a 4x4 rally, but many of us, do use these things in ways I would never my car, IE taking it up the mountain with roof racks and carriers attached, or pulling my sea doos in the summer. I personally think that the bull bar Cduluk went with looks pretty OK, definitely not bad... I mean if you had gone with the full BUSH bars that I see on some Fords and Chevy's in my neck of the woods, I'd be singing a different tune. It looks similar to many that I've seen on MB ML's and I think that the RX is arguably in the same class.

I definitly don't think it looks out of place on it.

My .02.

Yes, I tend to be pretty extreme! Sorry...I either love something or I hate it. Roof rack? I hated it. Don't ski, don't camp...I haul a lot of anatomy/teaching stuff in the back though and that's why I have to have a vehicle that can carry a lot inside..... Many people on this forum have hated many of the things I added to my "Princess",it's fine....it's a lot of fun and it doesn't bother me. It's just a car...a NICE car, but in the big scheme of things, it's low on my priority list...but I sure LOVE having this great car and whatever anyone adds, takes off,etc. is fine, since the bottem line is, we have a GREAT car!...er, SUV..er,car,er...well, it's a neat vehicle. Be well, Rey in sunny L.A

I'm not saying he shouldn't have his fun, its his car and he can do with it as he pleases. However, if you're going to post pictures of modifications you do to your vehicle on a forum such as this...you've got to accept all the comments, good or bad. Nobody has been rude to him...we've just posted our opinions. He's graciously recieved them too...so I don't know what benefit your continued excuses for him brings. He's handling himself fine.

Anyways in terms of the rack, it has a utility. Its a family vehicle, and a family has many uses for a roof rack. Skiing, biking, luggage storage, strapping down a Christmas tree. This bull bar has no utility at all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be defending anyone, I just liked the topic. It's hard to type thoughts out because it's not possible to see someone smiling as they are throwing in an opinion. I love this forum and everyone has always been really nice to me when I've had questions and I don't want to come across as a pest. My apologies. Happy trails, Rey in L.A.

However, if you're going to post pictures of modifications you do to your vehicle on a forum such as this...you've got to accept all the comments, good or bad. Nobody has been rude to him...we've just posted our opinions. He's graciously recieved them too...so I don't know what benefit your continued excuses for him brings. He's handling himself fine.

Anyways in terms of the rack, it has a utility. Its a family vehicle, and a family has many uses for a roof rack. Skiing, biking, luggage storage, strapping down a Christmas tree. This bull bar has no utility at all.

LOL... Fair enough... I don't think anybody is saying that he is or isn't handling him self fine. Nor is anyone trying to save the guy or make excuses for him. I read some of the opinions of the other members, and wanted to post mine. Simple as that.

IMO I always find it funny how a lot of people make such a point of making sure that everyone knows that the RX is not an EXTREME 4x4. That’s fine, I agree as well actually, but all I was saying that IMO it is a utility vehicle, and therefore some of these things don't look as out of place as according to the opinions of some. IMO

LOL

I think he meant me but I am sorry, I was just enjoying the topic but as usual, I made it sound like a big deal...I don't know when to stop! Anyway, I'll stop writing here and just pop in here and there and learn from all of you about this nifty car. I came across as defensive,maybe even offensive and I do apologize if I did. Take care. Rey in L.A.

I think he meant me but I am sorry, I was just enjoying the topic but as usual, I made it sound like a big deal...I don't know when to stop! Anyway, I'll stop writing here and just pop in here and there and learn from all of you about this nifty car. I came across as defensive,maybe even offensive and I do apologize if I did. Take care. Rey in L.A.

Rey you did not come across offensive at all. Everybody is cool and everybody should post their opinion that is what this place is for. It would be borring if everyone liked the same things.

:cheers:

We all have our opinions, we all like different things :)

I just wanted to share my ideas in case there was anyone out there who liked them. I understand there are many who don't like the same things- but heck, that's why we're on this forum, because we're all "car people" and like to do things to our cars to make them more unique. :)

I really do appreciate everyone's input (whether positive or negative) because sometimes we need someone to just stop and say, "Wait a minute, that just ain't right!!" I like getting other's opinions about things i might do to my car. I mean it's always nice when someone says "nice work, i like it!" but even the negative opinions are appreciated for what they're worth...

I know no one is trying to be rude when they say they don't like something, so i don't take it to offense. Personally if someone asked if they liked something they've done to their car, even if i might not particularly like, i'll either not respond to their posts or lie and say i like it... i just don't like saying i don't like something someone's done to their car if i know they like it... When i know someone's put a lot of money and time into a mod, i just can't rain on their parade... idk

But i always ask for "everyones" opinions, so i expect both negative and positive :)

Sunapollo, here are a few more pics of the mounting points.

attachc.jpg

attach2.jpg

attach3.jpg

It attaches on the bottom, and at the two bars that extend from the top that mount to the license plate bracket. I painted the bars flat black so you can't see them. The thing doesn't weigh that much, so it doesn't require anything more to hold it on. Let's just say it can push shopping carts that might be in your way though...

Sunapollo, here are a few more pics of the mounting points.

attachc.jpg

attach2.jpg

attach3.jpg

It attaches on the bottom, and at the two bars that extend from the top that mount to the license plate bracket. I painted the bars flat black so you can't see them. The thing doesn't weigh that much, so it doesn't require anything more to hold it on. Let's just say it can push shopping carts that might be in your way though...

CD

I give you a hard time on here but you put a lot of work in to your mods so A+ for effort even if I don't think it is something I would do.

IMO. I don't think it is a good idea to post pics of your license plate. That is why so many of us block them out on our pics. Still don't care for the bull bar on the rx but you put a lot of work in to your RX.

:cheers:

Thanks Lexirx :) I know, i know everyone tells me that about showing my license plate, but it's already been posted all over in various other forums etc, it'd be impossible to go back and delete them all... Plus i like the plate, so what the heck. Everyone knows it here in RI anyways, who cares if someone in the other side of the planet knows it too lol.

Eh....anybody on the street can see your license plate...I wouldn't bother with blocking it out...

We share quite a bit of info on here. Most people that drive by you on the street every day know nothing about you or me. ID theft and privacy is my main reason for not showing my tag. In most states, drivers license registrations are public record, because of laws that prohibit the government from keeping most forms of information a secret. For a fee, you should be able to maek a public records request to get the information. So I could go to the DMV pay I think it is $5.00 and find out CD's...home address, driving records, etc. Although I would never try to steal somebody’s identity there are plenty of people that would. It may be hard from simply getting a license plate number, but it’s always a good idea to be on the safe side of things. Being overly cautious is always better than being on the wrong end of an online crime like stalking, bullying, or identity theft.

Hogwash :P If someone wants to steal my identity let them go ahead. I have no assets, no income, nothing in my name, haha. Not much to steal there lol.

If that were true then anyone who sees me on the road could do the same.

Hogwash :P If someone wants to steal my identity let them go ahead. I have no assets, no income, nothing in my name, haha. Not much to steal there lol.

If that were true then anyone who sees me on the road could do the same.

CD. Plenty of people that have shi tt y credit have their identity stolen all of the time. Do you think that you have to have assets to have your identity stolen. You have no idea what a headache it is.

Put your tag out there...your choice. I simply said I thought it was a bad idea. Told you why I thought it was a bad idea...and it is a fact that DMV records can be easily obtained. Yes anyone on the road could also get your tag and get the info to but they do not know some of the other things that you have posted on this website. Your parents Bentley...things such as that. Parents have no mtg...no payments but leases...they can afford to buy you a 31,000 car....give you money to order a bull bar, change the lights...you have posted pics of your home...dates of accidents, where you go to school, man I can keep on. It would not be that hard to piece it all together...If I wanted to I could do it.

Hogwash...young and dumb.