Es300 - 1999 Will Not Idle When Cold

I have cleaned the IACV twice now. The idle and general driving is OK, however the idle is noe 400 to 500 rpm.Seems a bit low. How do you adjust the idle speed. I did reuse all gasgets, possible leak?

1. did you check hose between TB and Air filter?

What is the TB ?

I carefully checked all hoses and dont think any have been missed. There is one fairly large hose going into the bottom half of the air filter box and this is in place

1. did you check hose between TB and Air filter?

What is the TB ?

I carefully checked all hoses and dont think any have been missed. There is one fairly large hose going into the bottom half of the air filter box and this is in place

Opps ! TB, throttle body of course.

There is large hose connecting the plastic box that connects the two TB's and goes to the top of the engine and the large one mentioned in the last posting, (air cleaner box connected to a pipe going down toward the front suspension).

How is the idle speed once it has warmed up? Does it control well when shifted from Park, to reverse/drive? How about when the AC is turned off/on?

If it controls well, I would recomend checking the coolant temp sensor. Keep in mind that there are two sensors, one is for the dash gauge, and one is for the ECM. So do not make the mistake of looking at the dash gauge and thinking that it has anything in common with the sender used for the ECM.

How is the idle speed once it has warmed up? Does it control well when shifted from Park, to reverse/drive? How about when the AC is turned off/on?

If it controls well, I would recomend checking the coolant temp sensor. Keep in mind that there are two sensors, one is for the dash gauge, and one is for the ECM. So do not make the mistake of looking at the dash gauge and thinking that it has anything in common with the sender used for the ECM.

Thanks for your info.

There is a slight reduction of RPM when the transmission is engaged or AC turned on, however it does stabilize.

The engine wants to idle at 450rpm, I have adjusted the idle stop on the throttle body to 750rpm.

I will search for the ECM coolant temp sensor

Thanks for your info.

There is a slight reduction of RPM when the transmission is engaged or AC turned on, however it does stabilize.

The engine wants to idle at 450rpm, I have adjusted the idle stop on the throttle body to 750rpm.

I will search for the ECM coolant temp sensor