1st Time Lexus Owner

Just bought a 2006 IS250, AWD. I am a first time Lexus owner, and was wondering if I could solicit this board on finding a trustworthy/certified place to get the vehicle serviced.

I've read some stuff on here from people who seem to firmly believe that the best place to do so is at the dealership. I'm sure they're reliable and such, but for that amount of extra money, is there REALLY nowhere else that's a good option??

If there are any Minnesota members reading, I'm looking for something in the Minneapolis area, preferably in the Western Suburbs.

Otherwise, I've been trying to search online, but have no real way of knowing if a shop is somewhere I should feel confident in. So any resources online for finding what I'm looking for would be great as well.

Thanks for any help!

I'd say the next best place would be a Toyota dealer. They have the OEM parts for half the price; and the IS does not have any "specialty" parts that a regular Toyota car does not have. (Like the automatic height control that is on the LX470. Some dealers are unfamiliar with this system and were mistaking the AHC reservoir for other reservoirs and putting in the wrong fluid totally destroying the system.) At least this way Lexus should still honor the warranty at a Toyota dealership in the unlikely event they DO screw up your car.

Just bought a 2006 IS250, AWD. I am a first time Lexus owner, and was wondering if I could solicit this board on finding a trustworthy/certified place to get the vehicle serviced.

I've read some stuff on here from people who seem to firmly believe that the best place to do so is at the dealership. I'm sure they're reliable and such, but for that amount of extra money, is there REALLY nowhere else that's a good option??

If there are any Minnesota members reading, I'm looking for something in the Minneapolis area, preferably in the Western Suburbs.

Otherwise, I've been trying to search online, but have no real way of knowing if a shop is somewhere I should feel confident in. So any resources online for finding what I'm looking for would be great as well.

Thanks for any help!

As per my pm: Hello, I am located in !Removed! Rapids, Mn. I have always used Carlson Toyota http://www.carlsontoyota.com/ Ask for Scott in the Service dept. And let him know that David refered you, Then demand that Micheal Ahers # 1 tech is the only tech that touches your car, Your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Dc

thank you both for your replies. I had called a Toyota dealership close to me(Rudy Luther Toyota), but I will check on the one in !Removed! Rapids, even though it's a little furthur away. Sounds like it might be worth it.

Thanks again.

thank you both for your replies. I had called a Toyota dealership close to me(Rudy Luther Toyota), but I will check on the one in !Removed! Rapids, even though it's a little furthur away. Sounds like it might be worth it.

Thanks again.

Definetly worth the trip B) :cheers: