Expensive Fuel Filter, After Market?

I'm generally and OEM type guy but I wanted to know if anyone has had a positive experience with replacing the LS400 '90-'94 fuel filter with an after market part. Stealerships in my area want to charge between $56-$65 for a fuel filter and I think that is really too high. Is there anything wrong with going with a fuel filter from the likes of fram or something?

I'm generally and OEM type guy but I wanted to know if anyone has had a positive experience with replacing the LS400 '90-'94 fuel filter with an after market part. Stealerships in my area want to charge between $56-$65 for a fuel filter and I think that is really too high. Is there anything wrong with going with a fuel filter from the likes of fram or something?
I never use OEM filters! I've always used Fram filters and have never had a problem. I'd bet if you could do the research that there are only a few manufacturers of filters and they supply all of the different car manufacturers their own "OEM" filters after applying the company logo. It is ludicrous to pay the extra bucks for OEM filters IMHO.

There are several sources on the internet for Lexus OEM parts. WWW.parts.com seems the best prices from what I can tell.

You may find you can stay with OEM and not have a major price premium if you bypass local dealer and buy this route.

NEVER USE FRAM!!!!!

The only other filter I'd buy apart from OEM, would be one by Amsoil. I got the WIX fuel filter for my LS.

Also check out parts.com for OEM parts.

fram spends all their money on advertising, napa filters are made by wix and are THEEE best filters on the market...bar none,if u have any doubts then google it

oem filters are nothing but reboxed filters, if u use fram oil filters on ur car u better change it every 3,000 miles or sooner cuz they come upart on the inside....your oil filter only starts to filter your oil when the car is at idle,as soon as the pressure rises then the bypass valve kicks in...just thought u may want to know this

http://www.wixfilters.com/productinformation/index.html