Injectors Staying Open Major Prob.!

Hello All,

Right now i'm at a loss on what I should do. I've searched for this issue to no avail. I have a 2006 IS250 w/ 53K on it. I've had it for about a month and a half. I took it in before to have the cig. lighter plug fixed so I can use it for my phone charger. They fixed it and it went out again. The car has been running perfect. This time I took it in for the cig. lighter and a clanking/rattling noise only at a cold start up (I've seen the TSB for this). They mentioned the 3 recalls and said I would need a loaner for 1-2 days. The date was April 8th 9AM, here we are April 28th and I just got off the phone with them and my service rep. said they are still trying to find out what is causing the injectors to stay open. I'm no mechanic but would this make the car accelerate uncontrollably?? I'm driving there loaner which is great but now I'm beginning to get worried what they are going to give back to me. My service rep. mentioned they had bench tested the injectors and it is working properly then when they put everything back together the same problem happens again. Do I just let them work on it for as long as necessary and simply say ok thanks for fixing this issue?? Please help as I'm beginning to think I need to take it elsewhere so I can get the true story. Please give me your input on what I should do because I have never had a dealership work on a car so long with no clue as to when they will have it repaired!!!! Thank you

Hello All,

Right now i'm at a loss on what I should do. I've searched for this issue to no avail. I have a 2006 IS250 w/ 53K on it. I've had it for about a month and a half. I took it in before to have the cig. lighter plug fixed so I can use it for my phone charger. They fixed it and it went out again. The car has been running perfect. This time I took it in for the cig. lighter and a clanking/rattling noise only at a cold start up (I've seen the TSB for this). They mentioned the 3 recalls and said I would need a loaner for 1-2 days. The date was April 8th 9AM, here we are April 28th and I just got off the phone with them and my service rep. said they are still trying to find out what is causing the injectors to stay open. I'm no mechanic but would this make the car accelerate uncontrollably?? I'm driving there loaner which is great but now I'm beginning to get worried what they are going to give back to me. My service rep. mentioned they had bench tested the injectors and it is working properly then when they put everything back together the same problem happens again. Do I just let them work on it for as long as necessary and simply say ok thanks for fixing this issue?? Please help as I'm beginning to think I need to take it elsewhere so I can get the true story. Please give me your input on what I should do because I have never had a dealership work on a car so long with no clue as to when they will have it repaired!!!! Thank you

I do not think it would make the car accelerate on its own, just flood the engine and or waste gas. If it were me I would let them keep it until it is fixed. Though it is more expensive to get fixed at a Lexus dealership, it would usually be the safest place for it to be. AND you get to drive around a new car while they work on it. Try doing that at your local shop. And hopefully you still have powertrain warranty and it should not cost you a thing.

Thanks for your input and I see what your saying. I have a 100k warranty so I'm not out anything i was just more concerned with them putting a bandage on a serious problem I will have later when I'm out of warranty. Has anyone heard or had a similar issue? I'm really surprised I've only had one reply to my search for advice??

Thanks for your input and I see what your saying. I have a 100k warranty so I'm not out anything i was just more concerned with them putting a bandage on a serious problem I will have later when I'm out of warranty. Has anyone heard or had a similar issue? I'm really surprised I've only had one reply to my search for advice??

It actually sounds more to me like they are going the full mile to make sure it's right. I would be more concerned if they had done it, gave it back, then had the problem again, turned it in, they fix it, give it back, and you still have the issue. Back and fourth. That's band aid fixing. Keeping the car and just saying, Hey, we're sorry, but we can't seem to get it right, and we need to figure this out seems to me a pretty honest answer. As for your injector issue, I can easily see why they are having a problem. Toyota/Lexus locks down it's programming and language for the fuel injection system. So, I would venture a bet that the techs at the dealership tried what they know first to resolve the issue. When those attempts failed, they have to collect the data and send it to Lexus and wait for the engineers to tell them what to do. I would imagine right now your somewhere in that process. Not to mention if you need some parts that may not be readily available.

by the way an injector staying open is real bad, if could flood the cylinder and cause hydrolock which could destroy the engine. On The Ford F150 this has caused bent piston rods and worse. I would definetly let them fix it.

Thanks for the advice. Although there is no new information from the dealership I'll just enjoy putting the miles on the loaner they provided. They put me in a black rx350 upgraded to the max so I should be fine:) I'll keep you guys updated with the findings once I get it back.