Gs 400 Engine Quit On Highway

On a 400 mile trip today, my 1998 GS 400 w/80,000 mi. just quit (motor just shut down) at 70 MPH highway speed. Car rolled to a stop with engine off and ignition on, I put car in park , restarted and went on my way for another 200 miles with no problem. Has anyone had a similar problem and should I do anything about having the car repaired although it is running just fine so far? Car has great power , runs smooth and quiet but I am a little concerned. Is there a computer that needs to be checked by a Toyota or Lexus tech. Any advice or similar experience noted will be appreciated.

I would definitely have it checked! Thats very unsafe. Like SK said it could be anything, And possibly an electrical issue??

I had car checked and there was a computer code notation (B2796) that stated "no communication" , Trained Toyota tech said the engine quiting probably an anomoly and could have been caused by (1) damaged ignition key or (2) freak electrical interference to my ignition key which is on same key ring that holds an additional key for another Lexus vehicle that I own (RX330). Tech suggested (1) replace key with my spare key, (2) removing the RX 330 key from the key ring. If engine quits again, next step could be to replace ignition switch or computer module. So far car has been running great..hope it keeps going that way

First time I test drove a GS, which was a 98' GS300 prior to buying my former 95' LS, I pulled out into the road, went about 500 feet, and the car died just as you described. It was very frightening as I was in heavy traffic with very little momentum to coast to the shoulder. I restarted the car, and it ran fine while I was going back to the dealerhsip. I didn't have any other keys on my chain. There's something funky about that.