Want Sum Good Cheap Power?!

jaw5885

ok so i waas refering to the fuel grade in my little goped.. i put 91 in that and it gives it a lil more umph.... but as far as my vehicles go, always the best chevron usually, but sumtimes shell or 76, wen i dnt c a chevron in sight... and 91 octane is all they have in the pump, im not goin outta my way to go buy the better stuff im satisfied wit pump fuel..

if you think high octane gas increases your power on a factory tuned car, then i've got some C16 i'll sell you for the low low price of $12/gallon. it's 160 octane so according to you that should be good for about another 80hp or so? :rolleyes:

im willing to bet that cleaning all the crap from and regapping your spark plugs caused the increase in power you're feeling more than the bull*BLEEP* that is sidegappping. don't believe me? put up the money to dyno your car and realize that you're STILL making stock HP or more likely lower.

also, learn to type, your spelling spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Oh come on PureDrifter ;) . I was rather enjoying the comic relief! :wacko:

Oh !Removed! on guy, if u dnt like how I spell stop reading it, and my spelling jus seems to b sumwut of a way to keep off the real topic, wich is basically summed up with, compare 91 octane to 89 octane, its simple... Its better.. Grow up sumtimes showing how smart u think u r jus shows how insecure and imature u still r.. And for my age, dnt worry about it,... Makes me curious.. Aahahaahahaha, but yeah, I love women dude, I love women so much I had one .. Let's not get on that... Oh and yeah, say wut u want tho, its a freedom of speech, wait a minute, that should b somethin, like a rule or sumthn.. Oh yeah, it is.. Its called tha constitution, so I inderstand tha rules, but to demeanor my character.?..then u wonder y I dnt care about yur seniority.. Jus move on guy, I'm not interestid..I'd rather waste my time arguing with my wife Have a good day :5

you still havent supplied any empirical evidence to support your earlier claims of sidegapping alone being responsible for any kind of power increase, and you neatly attempted to sidestep the your own claim that you, by using a higher octane gasoline (87 vs. 91) made more power or in some other way increased the performance of your vehicle, or any other engine in and of itself. obviously 91 is offers more knock protection but that would require an ecu to compensate for it, which in a go-ped, at least any i've ever seen, is a pretty big stretch.

if you can't deal with being asked to support your own claims then don't complain or !Removed! and moan when people don't take what you have to say seriously. ditto goes for the spelling and grammar. this isn't a question of what you can or can't do, rather what would help you get your point across in a manner that would allow for and encourage other members to want to help you. take my advice or leave it honestly i could care less considering i have nothing to lose either way, just realize that the way you present yourself on a forum is directly correlated to the quality of responses you receive. this is something that is obviously not unique just to me, as several other members (see thread) have similar comments.

seniority means nothing to me, i've been on this forum a while, but nothing in comparison to a couple others i've been on, and i've never felt the need to "pull rank" or anything like that on someone for the sole reason that pulling rank on someone on an online forum is about as effective as telling someone via email that you've got a gun to their head, or at least is about as effective.

you insult me by insinuating that you are better qualified than me, and somehow a better persona than me when you state that you reply as you do 'because sum of us have reals jobs and family to tend to, rather than sit and type on a pc all day.' which precedes your argument that I am here for the sole purpose of !Removed! with you with "unlike tha wuns that wanna sit and pik nonsense arguments over basic mechanics and physics that even my 2 year old daughter could point out on a graph"

and then, beyond all of that, accuse ME of demeaning YOU for telling you that your argument is invalid and your usage of English is painful to read. Brilliant that.

and for *BLEEP*'s sake man, the First Amendment was meant to prevent the government from unduly withdrawing civil liberties, why the hell would you misuse it in the context of a forum argument. it wasn't even a freaking "rule" or "law" until after 1919 when it was RESTRICTED during the 1st world war, and even more so since then. if you are going to use a term from as respected a document as the Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America, at least do it in the proper context. (sorry, this is a pet peeve, people misquote the amendments far too often).

before you go out and say someone you've never met, know absolutely nothing about, and generally are in the dark about is insecure and immature (sp...) you should probably stop, think to yourself "do i REALLY want to make a personal quarrel over something that isn't one yet?" and then proceed to think before you make an utter !Removed! out of yourself. i didn't make this personal, you did. i never once mentioned anything about you other than your lack of supporting evidence and relative lack of actual knowledge behind what you were saying since you didnt, despite repeated requests, give any evidence. you make this personal and you get no help, and sure as hell no respect from me.

Jaw , i may spell poorly but if you want your posts to make some sense you have to take the time to make them logical.

I still see no point in side gapping, as it seems no different than new plugs which would have made more sense if you were going to praise your experiment.

To look at it logically you have not isolated and removed any variables . So the theory is null and void as it cannot be proved clearly , just assumed.

you still havent supplied any empirical evidence to support your earlier claims of sidegapping alone being responsible for any kind of power increase, and you neatly attempted to sidestep the your own claim that you, by using a higher octane gasoline (87 vs. 91) made more power or in some other way increased the performance of your vehicle, or any other engine in and of itself. obviously 91 is offers more knock protection but that would require an ecu to compensate for it, which in a go-ped, at least any i've ever seen, is a pretty big stretch.

if you can't deal with being asked to support your own claims then don't complain or !Removed! and moan when people don't take what you have to say seriously. ditto goes for the spelling and grammar. this isn't a question of what you can or can't do, rather what would help you get your point across in a manner that would allow for and encourage other members to want to help you. take my advice or leave it honestly i could care less considering i have nothing to lose either way, just realize that the way you present yourself on a forum is directly correlated to the quality of responses you receive. this is something that is obviously not unique just to me, as several other members (see thread) have similar comments.

seniority means nothing to me, i've been on this forum a while, but nothing in comparison to a couple others i've been on, and i've never felt the need to "pull rank" or anything like that on someone for the sole reason that pulling rank on someone on an online forum is about as effective as telling someone via email that you've got a gun to their head, or at least is about as effective.

you insult me by insinuating that you are better qualified than me, and somehow a better persona than me when you state that you reply as you do 'because sum of us have reals jobs and family to tend to, rather than sit and type on a pc all day.' which precedes your argument that I am here for the sole purpose of !Removed! with you with "unlike tha wuns that wanna sit and pik nonsense arguments over basic mechanics and physics that even my 2 year old daughter could point out on a graph"

and then, beyond all of that, accuse ME of demeaning YOU for telling you that your argument is invalid and your usage of English is painful to read. Brilliant that.

and for *BLEEP*'s sake man, the First Amendment was meant to prevent the government from unduly withdrawing civil liberties, why the hell would you misuse it in the context of a forum argument. it wasn't even a freaking "rule" or "law" until after 1919 when it was RESTRICTED during the 1st world war, and even more so since then. if you are going to use a term from as respected a document as the Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America, at least do it in the proper context. (sorry, this is a pet peeve, people misquote the amendments far too often).

before you go out and say someone you've never met, know absolutely nothing about, and generally are in the dark about is insecure and immature (sp...) you should probably stop, think to yourself "do i REALLY want to make a personal quarrel over something that isn't one yet?" and then proceed to think before you make an utter !Removed! out of yourself. i didn't make this personal, you did. i never once mentioned anything about you other than your lack of supporting evidence and relative lack of actual knowledge behind what you were saying since you didnt, despite repeated requests, give any evidence. you make this personal and you get no help, and sure as hell no respect from me.

Jaw , i may spell poorly but if you want your posts to make some sense you have to take the time to make them logical.

I still see no point in side gapping, as it seems no different than new plugs which would have made more sense if you were going to praise your experiment.

To look at it logically you have not isolated and removed any variables . So the theory is null and void as it cannot be proved clearly , just assumed.

I complerelty agree.

Jaw if you want to make this forum a regular thing for you...

Bottom line..

You need to change your attitude.

I like your attitude, don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience at LOC. As the saying goes: Empty cans make the most noise.

Most of us are mature and accepting. Welcome :)

That is so true.

I know i'm new to this forum in particular, but coming from experience - everyone is wasting there time on this guy.

He will never get it, his responses in particular, the last couple just show his immaturity.

I say he is 16 - 18 digging himself a deeper hole.

Ive seen many of these threads go on for weeks.

I like your attitude, don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience at LOC. As the saying goes: Empty cans make the most noise.

Most of us are mature and accepting. Welcome :)

That is so true.

I know i'm new to this forum in particular, but coming from experience - everyone is wasting there time on this guy.

He will never get it, his responses in particular, the last couple just show his immaturity.

I say he is 16 - 18 digging himself a deeper hole.

Ive seen many of these threads go on for weeks.

i'll say 23-24 years old. MAYBE 25.

Sidegapping.... Oh come on, get real.

Don't you think the spark plug manufacturers’ would be all over this if it truly added more “power” and as a result more efficiency (better gas mileage). They could market these as a premium or upgraded sparkplug.

As for the claims of spark "power" I think it shows a lack of understanding of what a spark is. Once the (high) voltage is applied to the plug (via the ignition coil) it quickly rises to a point where the gap no longer is large enough to withstand ionization. This is when the “spark” occurs. It’s the ionization of the gas between the electrodes. At this instance the resistance (impedance) of the gap suddenly drops as the ionized gas becomes a very good conductor and current flows. The nature of the ignition coil and the circuit of the primary side of the coil will determine how long that arc will be maintained. Since the creation of computerized ignition systems the spark firing is fine tuned each cycle of the engine to fire at the exact right position. This intelligence factors in (or compensates for) wear items such as spark plug gap enlargement and, in the old days, distributor points wear (but I’m dating myself a little). Anyway the whole point of this meandering is to state that spark plugs are less of a contributor to reliable firing of the cylinder than they were in days gone by. This is why you can go 50k+ miles on a set. The electronic ignition has overcome many of the limitations of the past. As such it’s hard to fathom how side firing plugs would do anything. Sounds like junk science to me.

You’d be better off checking your tires for proper inflation than grinding down spark plug electrodes. It’s easier too. :)

• 2 months later...
The octane rating of gas doesn't make your car faster.

The octane rating is the fuel's ability to resist ignition. So as to not "pre-ignite" in your engine, causing knock. That's why you'll see higher compression and higher performance engines generally needing higher octane fuel.

The 1UZFE however has knock sensors, so if you do chose to use a lower octane fuel, the ECU will !Removed! the timing in order to preven pre-detonation. Resulting in a loss of efficiency, and power.

Keep us updated on your plugs, and how they hold up ;)

exactamondo! ive seen many people put 93 or higher in thier car, which doesnt hurt it by no means! but it doesnt improve it otherwise....

...now back to the cheap power topic before another "fuel grade" discussion erupts! :lol:

you may also want to consider cleaning your throttle body also jaw5885 as jcrome and others have done, that has helped in regaining power as well.

Or you could be like me, live on top of a mountain and have the lack of oxygen in the air let you get away with 91... (I'm at 7000')

ok so i waas refering to the fuel grade in my little goped.. i put 91 in that and it gives it a lil more umph.... but as far as my vehicles go, always the best chevron usually, but sumtimes shell or 76, wen i dnt c a chevron in sight... and 91 octane is all they have in the pump, im not goin outta my way to go buy the better stuff im satisfied wit pump fuel..

if you think high octane gas increases your power on a factory tuned car, then i've got some C16 i'll sell you for the low low price of $12/gallon. it's 160 octane so according to you that should be good for about another 80hp or so? :rolleyes:

im willing to bet that cleaning all the crap from and regapping your spark plugs caused the increase in power you're feeling more than the bull*BLEEP* that is sidegappping. don't believe me? put up the money to dyno your car and realize that you're STILL making stock HP or more likely lower.

also, learn to type, your spelling spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking....