I Need Help

is3oo

I just installed a new CD deck in my IS, (Pioneer DEH-P840MP), but when I turn on my lights, the lights for the dash don't come on.

Hooked up everything right, although there is an orange/white wire on the deck that is to be hooked up to the "lighting switch terminal". I didn't know what it was, so I didn't connect it to anything

Please help!!!!

• 4 months later...

hi

don't mean to barge in but i have a similar problem. I have a 2001 IS300. The lights in the dash doen't come on. I tried the light knob that adjusts the light and still does work. Any ideas? The turn signal, power, snow, highbeam all still come on when i activate them. BUt the backlight doesn't. Maybe the leds are out. Anyone know how to take out the cluster? Thanks!

anyone checked a fuse

and to the guy who jus barged in LOL

did you also replace a deck?

maybe a wire for the new deck is connected to a wire for the lights by accident causing the system to malfunction

try disconnecting each wire at a time to see if it returns

Found the problem! I didn't replace the cluster or anything. I think there is a short somewhere. I checked all the fuses and they are still good. After a long while, i decided to supply a temporary power line to the fuse for the cluster and it came on! NOw i just need to go through all that wiring to see which one is not delivering power. Anyone know where to look?? Or does anyone know where i can buy that electric diagram manual for the 2001 is300?? Thanks

• 5 years later...

thanks! im new and this is the 2nd time this has happened to my car. i have a 04 is300 and when this first happened i replaced the fuse. the 2nd time it happened, husband checked and all the fuses were ok. so its been about 2-3 weeks since the lights been out and is soo ghetto driving my car with the lights out on the cluster! but thanks for the info! i will relay this to my husband..this site is awesome!