Help With Auto Windshield Wipers Please

I am trying to understand how these automatic windshield wipers work on my new 2009 LS460. It doesn't rain much here in San Diego and when it does, it is more of a fine mist rather than outright downpour.

Where and how do I set my windshield wipers to wipe down the myst? I don't think the sensor is picking up the rain since it's so fine. Is there a way to set a low set speed like the "old fashioned way" before all the fancy sensors came on the market? I want a steady wipedown every few seconds. When I click down one, nothing happens. If I click down one more, I get too fast of a wiper speed. Is there an inbetween??

Thanks!

Katherine

I am trying to understand how these automatic windshield wipers work on my new 2009 LS460. It doesn't rain much here in San Diego and when it does, it is more of a fine mist rather than outright downpour.

Where and how do I set my windshield wipers to wipe down the myst? I don't think the sensor is picking up the rain since it's so fine. Is there a way to set a low set speed like the "old fashioned way" before all the fancy sensors came on the market? I want a steady wipedown every few seconds. When I click down one, nothing happens. If I click down one more, I get too fast of a wiper speed. Is there an inbetween??

Thanks!

Katherine

I have a 2007. Not sure if they are the same. See if this helps. In your case I think you need to increase the sensitivity.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/4398344-post4.html

• 1 month later...

I finally got my wipers to work right on my GS450h.

What I did was get a piece of black electrical tape and put it right above the indentation in the glass that the sensor uses. This made them work exactly the way I'd want.

I had to try a couple of different placements to get it to work the way I wanted.

Before doing this, I'd have to manually flick the windshield wipers up to get the "Mist" action because it would get to the point where my choice was to force the wiper to clean the windshield, or drive in a very unsafe condition. With the tape, it is sensitive enough to catch the misting on the window right when it starts. I have not had any false positives.