Where To Find Climate Control Lights

(1998 es 300) Some of the lights for the climate control are burnt out :censored: does anyone know if radio shack or an auto parts store would carry these lights b/c the nearest Lexus dealership is about an hour and 30 min from here which is a pretty long drive for a $2 bulb.

Thanks

Sexus ES300,

Pull the light bulb and as you said, "go the Radio Shack". Its been many years since our last ES, a 97, but I do recall replacing some dash bulbs with ones sourced from Radio Shack. Its been too long, but I think the micro bulbs came in a 2 pack, each bulb with a 2 inch long pigtail, for about $3.00. I think I recall that the bulbs fit into a twist out socket and the pig tails were wound around various cuts and holes in the socket, and then the excess pig tail was cut off. I may be wrong, but I think I remember that the old bulbs had a small blue/green coloured condom on them to cast the blue. You may have to peel the condom off the old bulb and install it on the new one. Hope I'm right. Good Luck!

Would you make the trip to the dealership if the bulbs were $12 each instead of $2 ? That's about what they cost me when I replaced the 3 bulbs in my climate control a few months ago. Got them at a Toyota dealership.