Looking To Buy A Used Lexus Gs!

I currenlty own a 1999 Lexus GS 300 and looking to upgrade to a 2006 GS or 2007 GS. A friend of mine is a car dealer and will be buying one through similcast at a Manheim dealer only auto auction. My only request is that is must be starfire pearl, with either gray or tan leather. I had a couple questions for all the experts I see post stuff on this site.

I don't mind buying a GS 430 as it has more power, but is it as reliable? I know for the 99 to 05 Lexus GS, there were NOT as reliable.

I live in Florida, so I would prefer not having the AWD. I figure its another option that could potentially malfunction.

I was told the NAV and back up camera go hand in hand with options. Is this true? I bought my girlfriend a Garmin, I figure that would take the place of having NAV in this car. Would you agree?

I understand lexus offers a factory 4 year 50k warranty. I will likely buy a car with 35k miles, and would be prepared to buy the extended warranty for $2k. Is there a way I could get this cheaper?? I likely wouldn't sign up for the warranty until the car has 49k and change on it.

So, what everyone might want to hear, what will I be paying?? Through my weeks of research, even at a dealer auction, because the car is starfire pearl, it looks like i will have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $23 to $24k.

Anyone know which part of the country they may be the cheapest?? I kind of think it's either orlando or palm beach in florida.

Comments and critics appreciated!!

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking that you are in the neighborhood for an 06 GS300.

After doing all of my research I found that a clean loan value on a 07 should be around $27k. That's with just under 20,000 miles.

Other Lexus owners have told me that if I couldn't find an 07 GS350 to look for a 06 GS430. Close to the same performance! I would imagine the leather and amenities are about the same across the board.

I currenlty own a 1999 Lexus GS 300 and looking to upgrade to a 2006 GS or 2007 GS. A friend of mine is a car dealer and will be buying one through similcast at a Manheim dealer only auto auction. My only request is that is must be starfire pearl, with either gray or tan leather. I had a couple questions for all the experts I see post stuff on this site.

I don't mind buying a GS 430 as it has more power, but is it as reliable? I know for the 99 to 05 Lexus GS, there were NOT as reliable.

I live in Florida, so I would prefer not having the AWD. I figure its another option that could potentially malfunction.

I was told the NAV and back up camera go hand in hand with options. Is this true? I bought my girlfriend a Garmin, I figure that would take the place of having NAV in this car. Would you agree?

I understand lexus offers a factory 4 year 50k warranty. I will likely buy a car with 35k miles, and would be prepared to buy the extended warranty for $2k. Is there a way I could get this cheaper?? I likely wouldn't sign up for the warranty until the car has 49k and change on it.

So, what everyone might want to hear, what will I be paying?? Through my weeks of research, even at a dealer auction, because the car is starfire pearl, it looks like i will have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $23 to $24k.

Anyone know which part of the country they may be the cheapest?? I kind of think it's either orlando or palm beach in florida.

Comments and critics appreciated!!

I looked for about 5 months at the 3 diff GS models..I started looking at 300..then drove an 07 350 and wanted the power. But didnt have the money..I found a 1-owner clean private party 2006 430 that was loaded. Bought it with 45k mi for 27K then bought the Lexus plat warr through Toby at shreveport lex. Great guy to deal with and I highly reco him. I shopped around he was the cheapest and was very cordial and it took 5 mins over the phone. I am very happy with my 430 and to be honest the 350 I drove, actually FELT slower (less torque) than my 430. The car is very reliable thus far other than a rattle that my dealer took care of. The milage differance in the 430 vs 350 is almost identical btw. I think the best deals are on the 430's and just get a ext warr from LEX. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
I am also looking for a 2006-07 lexus gs 300-430. The prices in Chicago are around $33k. I am a serious buyer and looking soon. Anyone out there that can help with good prices?

That price is about what Lexus dealers are getting for Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) GS's. Check out eBay and look for listings near you. I bought my '06 GS300 in May...for $8,000 less than the Lexus dealer had it for sale at. He sold it to a private used car lot. Sure, not CPO, but for that savings, I can get the extended warranty, and I am not so sure I am going to anyways. They had already done the CPO inspection, and the three service campaigns, so I knew the car was in good shape. Good luck!

I am also looking for a 2006-07 lexus gs 300-430. The prices in Chicago are around $33k. I am a serious buyer and looking soon. Anyone out there that can help with good prices?

Hi,

I am in Chicago area (NW suburbs) and I am looking to sell my 2006 GS430 fully loaded with 42K miles, asking $29900. Here is the link to craigslist post: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1282999020.html

Let me know.

Thank you,

Michael