Garage Door Opener Transmitter In Ceiling

Bernie B

Took delivery of our 2007 ES350 in Feb. 07. Been very satisfied with it. Have around 16K miles of easy driving. Having a problem with the garage door transmitter located in the ceiling. At least 3 times in the 2 years we have had the car, the transmitter stops working. We carry an extra remote to get around this problem; however, if I reprogram the car's transmitter (rolling code type) it works great for anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Then it fails again. Complained once to dealer and they could not duplicate the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Do you have more than one garage door opener, gate or other HomeLink device you could use with the HomeLink buttons in your Lexus? If you do, are the setting for more than one of your HomeLink buttons getting lost? Surely no one is accidently performing the reset procedure on your Lexus HomeLink buttens -- I think that requires holding the two outside buttons for a number of seconds.

In the almost six years I've had it, the HomeLink buttons in my 00 LS400 have never lost there settings. But I also carry an extra remote in my console -- the three HomeLink buttons are not enough.

Took delivery of our 2007 ES350 in Feb. 07. Been very satisfied with it. Have around 16K miles of easy driving. Having a problem with the garage door transmitter located in the ceiling. At least 3 times in the 2 years we have had the car, the transmitter stops working. We carry an extra remote to get around this problem; however, if I reprogram the car's transmitter (rolling code type) it works great for anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Then it fails again. Complained once to dealer and they could not duplicate the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

It could be the garage opener itself that is the problem I have had my ES almost three years

and have never had to rebind to the opener.

It could be the garage opener itself that is the problem I have had my ES almost three years

and have never had to rebind to the opener.

Do you have more than one garage door opener, gate or other HomeLink device you could use with the HomeLink buttons in your Lexus? If you do, are the setting for more than one of your HomeLink buttons getting lost? Surely no one is accidently performing the reset procedure on your Lexus HomeLink buttens -- I think that requires holding the two outside buttons for a number of seconds.

In the almost six years I've had it, the HomeLink buttons in my 00 LS400 have never lost there settings. But I also carry an extra remote in my console -- the three HomeLink buttons are not enough.

I have a 2007 ES and have experienced the exact same thing. One of the two buttons (the first one) loses it's code (quits working) every few months. the number 2 button works perfectly and never loses its code. I had the dealer here in Salt Lake City look at it and they said they can not reproduce the problem and therefore can not fix it. They suggested that perhaps I am hitting both buttons at the same time (unlikely) that is causing the issue. Still frustrated with this issue.

I have a 2007 ES and have experienced the exact same thing. One of the two buttons (the first one) loses it's code (quits working) every few months. the number 2 button works perfectly and never loses its code. I had the dealer here in Salt Lake City look at it and they said they can not reproduce the problem and therefore can not fix it. They suggested that perhaps I am hitting both buttons at the same time (unlikely) that is causing the issue. Still frustrated with this issue.

Thanks. It is good to know that someone else has had a similar problem. I only use the center button. My dealer in Westminster, CA cannot duplicate the problem either and so far refuses to do anything about it. However, before my warranty expires I might insist that the electronics be replaced. Bernie B.

Since you use only one of the Homelink buttons, why don't you try setting all three buttons for the same garage door opener to see if the right and left buttons continue to work after the middle one fails?

I have a '07 ES350 and noticed that the left homelink button for one of my garage doors seems to vary with it's effectiveness. For example, sometimes it will open the door as I enter the driveway (about 55ft away) and other times I need to be right up on the door. I also noticed that it doesn't always work with the first press of the button. I found that if I wait 10 seconds between button presses it always works, usually on the second or third try. At least it's never stopped working.