Steering Wheel-mounted Buttons Stopped Working

bktpa

The steering wheel mounted control buttons on my '05 ES330 stopped working after I installed an iPod Peripheral on the radio. I had to remove power per the instructions. Everthing else seems to be working okay. Any suggestions?

The steering wheel mounted control buttons on my '05 ES330 stopped working after I installed an iPod Peripheral on the radio. I had to remove power per the instructions. Everthing else seems to be working okay. Any suggestions?

Simple, Reverse the process ;) Either you want the pod or the steering wheel controls ??? Your choice.

Suggestions? Contact Peripheral or the company that sold it to you. Somebody recently reported a similar problem on a similar VAIS interface device and VAIS told him that the product was defective and would be replaced at no cost. It is sounding like this is a common problem with this type of interface.

Edit: Marketing BS on the Peripheral website appears to say that the steering wheel controls should work with their iPod interfaces: http://peripheralelectronics.com/