Is 07 Leather Seat Fabric Source

Does anyone know where you can get leather to replace a seat- middle insert section- on 07 Lexus IS with perforated

fabric? Looking for gray leather. Do not want to pay Lexus $1400 for whole seat replacement section.

I would consult an upholstery shop...

You can't just replace one section, the leather only comes as an entire seat bottom and seat back.

Exactly right. They sell them like seat covers. They just peel the old one off and slip the new one on. I've seen them for sale before on a JDM website, but that was a long time ago and I don't remember the which website I saw it on, I remember because it referred to the piping color choices for seats, and I was surprised that there was a choice! so the dealer got new seat skins and they just replaced them for a customer.

I would consult an upholstery shop...

You can't just replace one section, the leather only comes as an entire seat bottom and seat back.

Exactly right. They sell them like seat covers. They just peel the old one off and slip the new one on. I've seen them for sale before on a JDM website, but that was a long time ago and I don't remember the which website I saw it on, I remember because it referred to the piping color choices for seats, and I was surprised that there was a choice! so the dealer got new seat skins and they just replaced them for a customer.

I appreciate these replies. However, you CAN replace the middle seat section, which is the perforated part. Any good upholstery shop can do it. I have done it on other cars with solid (not perforated leather) sections. Yes, everyone is correct--they do come from Lexus in one complete piece and that is the only way you can replace it IF YOU BUY THE PART FROM LEXUS. Therein lies the $1400 problem. Even the Lexus dealer suggested replacing only the middle section, which received a cut and had a bad repair on it. Of course they would like to sell me a whole seat bottom but they also realize (in the real world) not many people will spend the money for a complete seat bottom. Labor at an independent leather upholstery shop (which does Mercedes, BMW, Lexus repairs charge about $200 labor to replace the middle section of the seat and it looks factory perfect. I have seem it done many times but the hard part is finding a piece of "perforated" leather which has the exact matching hole pattern. Many leather dealers have their own perforated leather and I have found one that is almost identical but not perfect. Again, I would rather wait to find a piece of "factory perforated leather". If it were "solid" smooth leather, it would be no problem to find or match but the "perforated part" makes it difficult to find. The Lexus dealer is hoping to find a "return or damaged seat with perforated leather" that is replaced under warranty and they will give me the middle perforated part. Unfortunately this could happen tomorrow or 8 months from now so I do not know when or if---Lexus can help me. So that is why I am trying to find an "independent source" or someone who may have a damaged perforated leather seat. I need gray if possible.

I thought what you were looking for was a part that was just the middle section and what I was saying was you can't buy just the middle section...

I find it hard to believe an upholstery shop can't find perforated leather...