Got $100 Get Some Performance ,gas And Smoothness Back

SKperformance

I haven't been able to do any fuel tests, but I've defiantly got some power back. I used to have to kill VSC to make the tires chirp, and now I don't have to! haha I had to run the heater the other night, and it was blowing hot air much, much sooner than before. The OEM part was 200% more than the aftermarket one, so I had to take the chance on it. If things go south, I'll report back.

P0430

Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 2 is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system.

The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly

An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly

There is an exhaust leak

A code P0420 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Leaded fuel was used where unleaded was called for

An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly

The engine coolant temperature sensor is not working properly

Damaged or leaking exhaust manifold / catalytic converter / exhaust pipe

Retarded spark timing

The oxygen sensors in front and behind the converter are reporting too similar of readings

Here is your one and only freebie.

Sounds like a dead cat but could be vac related or sensor related.

Who makes your sensor?

Well I JUST put in a new Coolant temp sensor.... it is OEM... could it be bad?

My mech removed the RH cat to get to the EGR tube he replaced....

All O2 sensors to my knowledge are stock.

Codes:

P0430

P0420

I'd check the resistance on your O2 sensors before running a can of seafoam through and fouling up your plugs. I used to get those codes on my '95 every so often. I finally changed all 4 O2 sensors right before I sold it, so I'll never know if that cured it completely or not (damn it!). The repair manual says the trouble areas with this code are the post cat O2 sensor and/or the cat.

Sea foam does not foul up plugs that is some stupid old wives tale ,it make absolutly no practical sense .

How could it loosesn carbon deposits and resituate it on a hot plug that would not burn it off ?

Codes:

P0430

P0420

I'd check the resistance on your O2 sensors before running a can of seafoam through and fouling up your plugs. I used to get those codes on my '95 every so often. I finally changed all 4 O2 sensors right before I sold it, so I'll never know if that cured it completely or not (damn it!). The repair manual says the trouble areas with this code are the post cat O2 sensor and/or the cat.

I don't know how to check resistances...

Can I just replace them with O2 sensors from the local auto parts store?? (wow they're like $70-$150!!!)

Spend the money and get some denso's they are an integeral part of the map system and having bad values will cause the car to not run in tip top condition. The ones after the cats are less important since they are only used to tell if the cats are working.

Reference was made by SKPerformance (in reference to the LS400) that ALL Toyota's need at least the coolant temp sensor (?? sender??) replaced every 100k. Is this also true of the LS430? And is it essentially the same process??

Ditto for the tranny mount?

Thanks

It is the same for all toyota's they from what i have seen use the exact same part number so it is easy to find anywhere.

The tranny mount is the same thing and should be changed as well on a 430 around the same time if wanted.

You can buy denso unviersal sensor for the ones after the cat but if ou are not good with wiring just buy the harness plug ones , you will have to pull up the carpet by the drivers /passenger tunnel to get to them to unplug the harnesses.

I think oxygen sensors.com or a few parts place are about $100 for the harness ones universal are about $50.