Slight Buzz In Front Passenger Door Panel

Anybody had this in their IS? It is at the dealer now and they are going to take apart a portion of the door panel there is a slight creaking towards the top center that is a bit annoying. I told the Tech that if he didn't think he could make it better don't bother (For instance, I am used to the dash rattle after two fixes) but he said he could make it better.

It's not necessarily a "buzz," but more of a rattle. It has gotten very annoying. Next time I take it in, I will tell the service advisor I want it fixed......

Let us know what happens.....

Will do. You know I always can count on you for a response to any of my rattle/creak threads.

The funniest thing with me and Lexus, when I first bought the car April 07 I noticed this clicky clack in the rear when I went over bumps I took in in several times and really raised hell with Lexus (writing letters telling them about a design flaw) and Lexus Corporate refused to acknowledge the problem. I just found on the web a list of Technical Service Bulletins and as of April 08 there is now a bulletin for that problem. I am immortalized in a service bulletin... oh what a thrill..

My local Lexus Service department is awesome - they really try hard to fix things and never make me feel like I'm an idiot for asking. And always tell me to come back if I am not satisfied.

Love love my car... if they could just figure out a way to put it together with felt between every piece!

The more you take off the panel & put it back on weakens the connectors. On my Toyota the panel just sorta plugs in like Lego, the more I did it, the more i'd notice rattling. Also, I noticed that aggressive driving, going over alot of potholes causes more weakening of the panels

The more you take off the panel & put it back on weakens the connectors. On my Toyota the panel just sorta plugs in like Lego, the more I did it, the more i'd notice rattling. Also, I noticed that aggressive driving, going over alot of potholes causes more weakening of the panels

Agreed that's why I will give it one shot this time. I am driving a loaner IS with 6000 miles and it has all the same "old" rattles that I either once had or still have :)

Haha, Clay. Do I complain about my rattles that much ;)

Anyway, have to take the car in tonight due to "VSC Check" light and check engine light on. I'm thinking 'bout telling them to work on getting that rattle taken care of, too!

Any update since you had it in for this?

It's kind of fixed. It had snowed so I couldn't tell. But now the streets are dry and I am pretty sure it is still there. Service dept really is good - but I am about done chasing these things. Need to spend more time making a living....

They did the fuel line service recall and messed with both doors, filled the empty tank, hand washed and charged LEXUS Corp. back $1000.00

I think if you can learn to live with the rattles, that's the best thing. Hopefully they were fixed, in your instance.

Oh, and my "Check VSC" light, gas cap wasn't on right. So EVERYONE make sure you put your gas cap on correctly (thought I did, lol!), or else all your bells and whistles will start going off in the dash......