Engine Antifreeze/coolant

w140amg

I'd recommend buying the premixed coolant at the Toyota dealer -- it's the same product sold and used by Lexus dealers. The premixed coolant saves the trouble of mixing with distilled water and ensures that the coolant complies with the vehicle requirements. For a fluid that is usually supposed to be replaced every 24 months or 30,000 miles, using "long life" coolant makes no sense. The only people I know who ever have radiator or other cooling system problems are the ones who try to stretch coolant change intervals ... sometimes to infinity.

The repair shop I use charges so little to change the coolant with Toyota/Lexus premix coolant and can properly dispose of the old coolant that it isn't worth my while to do it myself and find a waste disposal facility that accepts coolant. A gallon of premix coolant used to top up our Toyota/Lexus cars lasts about a decade.

I was about to buy the Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant and saw the 50/50 Pre-diluted Super Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant.

Which is better?

I was told a long time ago to use nothing but "Toyota Red" (bought at the Toyota dealership). I was waved off the Super by the guys at the Toyota shop. I followed that rule and have never had any issues.

Ok guys... don't make me start a new thread now! :D

On the 2nd gen LS is there just one drain valve? I can only see one on the bottom of the radiator.

Fair warning to all.

Out of spite..... ( and some need for actual info :lol: )

I will start my own thread tomorrow! Hahaha.

I want to be sure on how to clean the IACV and drain and fill the coolant in a 2nd gen LS. I've done a little research but want to be 100% sure before I tackle this.

Oh.. and I WILL make a DIY for the IACV cleaning since there's not too much info on it! ;)

Fair warning to all.

Out of spite..... ( and some need for actual info :lol: )

I will start my own thread tomorrow! Hahaha.

I want to be sure on how to clean the IACV and drain and fill the coolant in a 2nd gen LS. I've done a little research but want to be 100% sure before I tackle this.

Oh.. and I WILL make a DIY for the IACV cleaning since there's not too much info on it! ;)

Actually, you can find lots of info here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52026