98 Ls400 - Check Engine & Check Vsc On

Abo Saleh

I have Lexus LS 400 1998, When the engine start running, the computer will display a message saying check engine & then check VSC. Also, Light indicator for VSC off will be light on. When I press accelerator Pedal, the engine will keep on idle speed and will not accelerate to high speed. This problem will disappear when I turn off the engine and re-turn on the engine again from one time to two or three times. Could you please, help to solve this problem.

thanks,

regards,

I have Lexus LS 400 1998, When the engine start running, the computer will display a message saying check engine & then check VSC. Also, Light indicator for VSC off will be light on. When I press accelerator Pedal, the engine will keep on idle speed and will not accelerate to high speed. This problem will disappear when I turn off the engine and re-turn on the engine again from one time to two or three times. Could you please, help to solve this problem.

thanks,

regards,

Any body faced same problem. please help.

And please don't post another question after your first question. People on here answer questions in their liesure time for their own enjoyment. When you do things like that you make people not want to help you...

Go to an autozone and have them scan the code... they usually do it for free unless you're in California for some reason... take note of the codes and post them up here. We can help you further when you post that information.

I had checked and scanned the code by computer tester. the code is P1121 and they said this is the problem from Accelerator Position Sensor and should clean the air entrance and clean or replace the accelerator system.