Faq Lexus Es, What You Always Wanted To Know..........

justind89

I have a 93 es300 (in australia) and the faq sticky says that only 94+ has the volume control for the alarm beep (mine also has this) and that only 94+ has ambient temperature check (which mine has as well) and passenger airbag. If you don't believe me i can show pictures of manufacturing date on the chassis and the various things

You are on "Lexus Owners Club (USA & Canada)" which describes cars sold in - where else - the USA & Canada. Maybe you should take a look at the " Australian Lexus Owners Club Forums".

There are huge differences in the Lexus cars sold in different world markets.

I have a 93 es300 (in australia) and the faq sticky says that only 94+ has the volume control for the alarm beep (mine also has this) and that only 94+ has ambient temperature check (which mine has as well) and passenger airbag. If you don't believe me i can show pictures of manufacturing date on the chassis and the various things

Cars with a XXXX model date are often manufactured in the (XXXX-1) year, ans soimetimes even in the (XXXX-2) year, e.g. the 'new 2010 RX350, manufacturing of which started in 2008, and sales of which started in the US Feb 2009. Maybe your es300 is a '94 model manufactured in 1993? Maybe it is a '94 model manufactured and sold in 93?