Tires For Is250.

- I just got a front right flat tire. Sidewall from pothole. Unrepairable. I have stock brigestone potenza's (225/45/R17).

These are costly to replace and there seem to be better cheaper alternatives.

- Im assuming I should replace both front tires so that tread is even? Theres 10k miles only.

- Can I just buy two (say Michelen Pilot Exalto A/S) tires and use them as my front tires as long as they size is 225/45/R17 and leave the stock bridgestones alone in the rear?

Thank You.

is250 AWD

- I just got a front right flat tire. Sidewall from pothole. Unrepairable. I have stock brigestone potenza's (225/45/R17).

These are costly to replace and there seem to be better cheaper alternatives.

- Im assuming I should replace both front tires so that tread is even? Theres 10k miles only.

- Can I just buy two (say Michelen Pilot Exalto A/S) tires and use them as my front tires as long as they size is 225/45/R17 and leave the stock bridgestones alone in the rear?

Thank You.

is250 AWD

Same thing - only replaced one. Had 25K on the car. I really pressed them hard as to whether I would have problems, but there just wasn't alot of tire wear on the other three. It's interesting because the label on the tires when you buy the car says they may only last 25K. I am close to 50K and the tires are still in great shape. Mostly highway driving at 65 mph.

Hey thanks.

Im only going to replace one. Should I buy the Potenza again which is expensive or do you think I can replace that one tire with something different or will this look funny?

You should always have the same tires. Since the treads could be different. You don't wanna have different tires on your car. So yes, just go with the useless and overpriced Potenzas for now, unless you wanna replace all 4 with something better and sell the 3 you have left.

Hey thanks.

Im only going to replace one. Should I buy the Potenza again which is expensive or do you think I can replace that one tire with something different or will this look funny?

You should always have the same tires. Since the treads could be different. You don't wanna have different tires on your car. So yes, just go with the useless and overpriced Potenzas for now, unless you wanna replace all 4 with something better and sell the 3 you have left.

Same thing happened to me. the lexus dealer had the best price, plus was the only shop with the tires in stock--plus a free RX loaner.

So was I mistaken in thinking with an AWD you had to replace ALL the tires if something like this happened? Something about the circumference having to be exactly the same or you could cause problems with your drive train? I've gone through the owners manual and can't find anything that states that....I guess I stand corrected?

BTW, yeah, don't ever mix tires. Car will totally handle differently, unpredictably.

Thanks for advice. My plan as of now is this...

Im going to buy 4 new tires...I can get Dunlop Sport Performance (which seem to be rated well) for 110 each. I could get these and sell the 3 potenza's like suggested above...

Do you have any other suggestions of reasonably priced tires for the lexus if im going to do this?

Love this forum.