Is There Ipod Capability Available On The '09 Rx350?

Does anyone know what the deal with the iPod capability is for the 2009 RX350s? The model I'm looking at has a tape deck in the dash, so I supposed I could use an adapter with a tape but that seems so archaic. On the Lexus website, in the list of options, it lists "Interface Kit for iPod". Does anyone know what that is? It doesn't give any explaination on their website. Thanks!

There are lots of threads on this issue...may want to check in the entire forum and not just the RX section.

I believe you have lots of options available that can integrate with your Nav display. One thing you may want to look for in your research is a product by VAIS technology. I have read good things on the boards here from people who use it.

Do you guys think that the Toyota IPOD INTERFACE KIT, would work with Lexus. It looks the same, but costs much cheeper.

I don't really want to go through the process of buying and then returning. Any insight would be great.

Toyota IPOD Interface Kit

Hard to say -- you might send a PM to dcfish to ask -- he's the expert on Lexus audio systems.

So does anyone know if Toyota interface would work? And can you play video's off the ipod on the nav screen as well? can you tell what I can use for it?

I don't know about the Toyota kit, but VAIS does have a kit that does video out to the nav screen. It's the SL2Vi and you can read more about it here: http://www.vaistech.com/sl2vi.php