Car Wont Start Help

clean93ls

ok guys i have a 93 lexus ls400 nice car but wont start now here is what i know motor tuns over but wont start timbelt is good it's getting spark new coil pack it's getting gas im getting trouble code 24 and code 78 what are those codes and will that cause the car not to start? please help and any other things i should check for?

ok guys i have a 93 lexus ls400 nice car but wont start now here is what i know motor tuns over but wont start timbelt is good it's getting spark new coil pack it's getting gas im getting trouble code 24 and code 78 what are those codes and will that cause the car not to start? please help and any other things i should check for?

clean;

How long have you had this problem?

Did it just "up and die", literally overnight?

What has changed between the time that it ran properly and now?

Have you done any service or made any modifications recently, if so what?

nope it was running fine then next day tried to start it and it wont start nothing has been changed on it checked the mass air it was good but just in case i changed it out with my friends off of his running car and nothing do these cars ever jump timing? all fuses are good all relays are good any other tricks or things i can try to do?

ok i think i figured it out i took off the timing cover and lined up the crankshaft pully timing mark and checked the timing marks on the camshaft and they are way off it jumped timing so tomorrow i guess i will take it all apart and change out the timing belt and i'll let u guys know if it starts

ok i think i figured it out i took off the timing cover and lined up the crankshaft pully timing mark and checked the timing marks on the camshaft and they are way off it jumped timing so tomorrow i guess i will take it all apart and change out the timing belt and i'll let u guys know if it starts

clean;

Be careful.........the only thing that means anything is that the timing marks on the cam sprockets line up with the marks on the heads and the timing mark on the crank lines up with the block........all at the same time. Disregard any marks on the timing belt, if they are even still visible. Count the number of teeth on the belt (if you have the patience) add 1 and that's the number of revolutions it takes for the cam sprockets, the crank sprocket and the timing belt marks to all line up.

You sound pretty certain that the cam sprocket timing marks don't line up with the crank timing mark. If I understand you correctly, then it sounds like you've nailed it.

Afterthought; what is the condition of your Timing Belt tensioner? Something goofy is going on if your T/B skipped some teeth. Unless of course. "someone" was revving the snot out of the engine...........(?)

ok i got it that was the problem got up early and took it all apart and when i was taking the timing belt tensioner the 2 bolts were loose causing the belt to jump time so i put the new belt on and put it all back together it fired right up... i guess it was about time to do it anyway 320570 miles on the car last time it was replaced was at 180000 so i guess i should get another 100000 miles on it before the next one and while i had it all apart i did the spark plugs and air filter and to those that say a car is no good after 200000 miles i say u must not own a lexus...well i'm tired as hell so i'll catch u guys tomorrow and if anyone ever needs help working on their lexus in the dallas area or phoenix area just let me know

ok i got it that was the problem got up early and took it all apart and when i was taking the timing belt tensioner the 2 bolts were loose causing the belt to jump time so i put the new belt on and put it all back together it fired right up... i guess it was about time to do it anyway 320570 miles on the car last time it was replaced was at 180000 so i guess i should get another 100000 miles on it before the next one and while i had it all apart i did the spark plugs and air filter and to those that say a car is no good after 200000 miles i say u must not own a lexus...well i'm tired as hell so i'll catch u guys tomorrow and if anyone ever needs help working on their lexus in the dallas area or phoenix area just let me know

I hope you replaced the tensioner and idler pulleys while you were in there, 140 k between changes is over the specified interval as you know.