Problem!

jcrome04

Hello everyone I just got back from a trip to Disneyland!

And of course reallity is setting back in. My 97 LS400 sat for 1 week.

I started her up this morning to move it to wash it at my house, and all was fine. I went inside to let it warm up for a bit. I came back out about 1min later and it sounded like it was sputtering. Like it was about to die. however the RPMs weren't fluctuating. Maybe a misfire??? I put it into Reverse to back up and then the RPMs started to fluctuate while it was making the "sputtering/misfire" noises.

I do have a leak in my EGR system. Is this a possibility to the problem?

This just happened about 10min ago. So I will drive her around the block and let you all know whats going on.

Any help will be appreciated ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ok so some more info..

After sitting for a minute it wouldn't start. . . . I tried a few times then just took a break.

It fired up after sitting for a few minutes and the sputtering had stopped and everything was back to normal....

WTF???????

I'm getting the exhaust leak checked out this afternoon. Do you think maybe since the exhaust leak is so close to the engine that after sitting for a week condensation just got where it shouldn't have been?????

Anyways..... I'm just glad it's running like a champ again.

Ok so some more info..

After sitting for a minute it wouldn't start. . . . I tried a few times then just took a break.

It fired up after sitting for a few minutes and the sputtering had stopped and everything was back to normal....

WTF???????

I'm getting the exhaust leak checked out this afternoon. Do you think maybe since the exhaust leak is so close to the engine that after sitting for a week condensation just got where it shouldn't have been?????

Anyways..... I'm just glad it's running like a champ again.

Happy to hear it's running fine B) Maybe condensation buildup.......................

Disneyland? I'll never forget the one time in my life my parents took my sister and me to Disneyland ... I was about 12 years old ... it was closed ... for senior day ... sis and I were traumatized. It was a scene right out of National Lampoon's "Vacation" movie -- you know .... Wally World being closed when the Griswold family arrived?

Now, whenever I hear the word "Disneyland", all I can think of is that song by Dada - I CAN'T HELP IT:

I just ran away from home

Now I'm going to Dizz Knee Land

I just crashed my car again

I just robbed a grocery store

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land

I just flipped off President George

I just tossed a fifth of gin (cue shot glass)

I just got cuffed again

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, yeah

Shot my gun into the night

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, oh

I just saw a good man die

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, come on

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land (Hey... What?)

(solo)

Kicked my !Removed! out of school

Rolled me out into the streets

Hitched a ride on a monkey's back

Headed west into the black

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, yeah, yeah

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, oooh

I'm going to Dizz Knee Land, yeah, yeah, yeah

I have replaced 2 fuel pumps, one on a 91 ls and one on my 96 ls. Typically happens after sitting without driving for some reason. Did it myself on the 96 in a parking lot after not starting, right behind the back seat. Saved alot but be careful. Made sure gas tank was almost empty. Fuel pumps WILL go bad eventually on these cars.

Ahhhh, poor baby's caught a cold? Me thinks she was just missing you and got all excited when you returned. ;) Take 'er out for a couple of WOT's ... if she does'em nice'n smooth, the fuel pump isn't a prob. Me thinks she'll wanna do ya proud! :D

Yes yes I gave her some WOTs yesterday :D

It's just fine now...... odd....

That's why in thinking maybe it was water build up or something.... but i'm for sure getting the leak checked out TODAY, so I'll let everyone know how bad it is.

I have one question.... would a custom build Y-pipe be better than my Magnaflow X-pipe? I might have my exhaust re-done for better flow.