Battery For Gs450h

We drove our new GS450H out of the Lexus dealer lot for just THREE/FIVE days. Parked it under ground parking lot went to work after worked battery totally DEAD, called roadside assistant waited for long time to have it jumped start, drove back to dealer at nearly 10pm after long day at work if we waited for flatbed towed truck then at least additional two hours more. I understand thing went wrong and roadside assistant dep. worked under stress due to holiday and weather condition. We asked the dealer to have a battery replaced with new battery which cost about $150 for but dealer refused, their solution is by charging the damage battery. :( :( :(. I consider it is D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) so they should replaced the battery. Lexus sure got one of not happy customer with their service department. I know Roger has bad service but I personally think it is way better than Lexus service.

• 5 months later...
We drove our new GS450H out of the Lexus dealer lot for just THREE/FIVE days. Parked it under ground parking lot went to work after worked battery totally DEAD, called roadside assistant waited for long time to have it jumped start, drove back to dealer at nearly 10pm after long day at work if we waited for flatbed towed truck then at least additional two hours more. I understand thing went wrong and roadside assistant dep. worked under stress due to holiday and weather condition. We asked the dealer to have a battery replaced with new battery which cost about $150 for but dealer refused, their solution is by charging the damage battery. :( :( :(. I consider it is D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) so they should replaced the battery. Lexus sure got one of not happy customer with their service department. I know Roger has bad service but I personally think it is way better than Lexus service.

Perhaps you left a light on and drained the battery. No reason to take it back to the dealer. The battery would recharge after roadside assist boosted the battery. This happened to me as well and I just jumped from my other car (GS battery in trunk, left side). The battery recharges from the traction battery and have had no further problems in two years. What indication did you have that the battery was bad and not just drained from a slow discharge?

Ooh, sorry about the service. I for one have NEVER had better service than I get consistantly from my dealership in Glendale, CA.. They are always amazing...but ya know, each dealership is owned privately. But with a car such as Lexus NO dealershop should be less than stellar, it's just bad business and in times like now, no one should be delivering bad service. This has been another two-cent moment from Rey in L.A..

i know there are always many sides to the story and it was late at night when this owner got into the dealership, however you pay alot for the lexus and less than a week you have the battery issue and no help from the dealer. part of what you pay UP FRONT with a lexus is the service you expect from them later. does the 450h have the same too small battery that has caused issues in so many of our 400h's? also let me say that 'roadside assistance' is a real hit or miss proposition depending on who answers the call. recently my friend with a 90K BMW called because of a dead battery and two very young men in a 10yo lexus with no bumpers showed up. it was clear they didnt know the first thing about what to do, they didnt even know where his battery was located on the vehicle, but this is who was sent out. he wouldnt let them touch the vehicle and had AAA tow it.

It should be noted that all people who respond to a Lexus roadside call have access to a Lexus technical expert who can guide them.

Tom

Hmmm . . . 1 post only. Troll? Never know. Our aux battery died at 36K miles. Dealer had a new one in as quick a you could believe (plus car wash). Back out we went. And we'd left the lights on several times prior ... so they could have made an easy argument it was from our own neglect ... & we'd have understood (minus the fact the lights OUGHT to all go out after a certain amount of time). It'll be interesting to see if the 2010 has a better design ... whether a bigger battery (for programming the bluetooh etc) or a system that kills all power (except SKS signal reception).

Hmmm . . . 1 post only. Troll? Never know. Our aux battery died at 36K miles. Dealer had a new one in as quick a you could believe (plus car wash). Back out we went. And we'd left the lights on several times prior ... so they could have made an easy argument it was from our own neglect ... & we'd have understood (minus the fact the lights OUGHT to all go out after a certain amount of time). It'll be interesting to see if the 2010 has a better design ... whether a bigger battery (for programming the bluetooh etc) or a system that kills all power (except SKS signal reception).

My friends with less extravagant cars continually tease me about the features my RX lacks, such as timed out interior lighting.

Tom

mine tease me too, especially when im running back to the vehicle to turn off a light that i know isnt going to go off by itself, even my 2007 Econoline supervan E250 will turn off all interior lights after half an hour no matter what.

mine tease me too, especially when im running back to the vehicle to turn off a light that i know isnt going to go off by itself, even my 2007 Econoline supervan E250 will turn off all interior lights after half an hour no matter what.