Clear Bra.

I was looking into the clear bra thing for my IS and have seen them being sold on ebay cut already for the IS for like $160. Question is....how easy would it to be if I do it myself? Anyone ever tried? I want to get it done before I get rock chips I hear everyone talking about. Has anyone done it at the dealership? I would imagine they charge an arm and a leg. And does Lexus even offer a regular leather bra for the IS?

It's not an easy project. Some professional installers even do a not so good job. I'd suggest going to one of the manufacturer's sites and find an authorized installer in your area. That way the job and the material should be guaranteed.

The rule of thumb for a dealer job (which is mostly outsourced anyways, with a markup) is that the first run is half-assed. Then you complain and the second run is much better. I agree that even authorized installers don't do a good job. I had to send mine back to fix areas that were bubbling up, and they dinged my car in the process :cries:

So does Lexus make a leather bra for the IS? I cannot find it on the website.

Nope, wish they did!!!

I have clear bra on all my cars. Not a DIY project. I covered a headlight lens myself on another vehicle and it did not come out well. Find an installer who will show you another customer's car, or ask a friend who did theirs if it looks good. Do it on a new or fairly new car, or it will be too late. Prep the paint with polish and clay bar first.

I would not put a leather bra on any car. Flaps in the wind and will scratch the paint underneath if the slightest bit dirty. Paint underneath will discolor at different rate from adjacent uncovered paint.