Tunes

no1gsxr

Feeling out my options on what route to go with. I kinda like to leave the stock radio in there so it looks like there is no system in my car. But the factory radio doesn't sound to good. Seems like it has no wattage. What has everyone here did for tunes.

Why mess with 17 year old technology. if you look oon ebay you can find the mount kits for aftermarket head units also SFXaudio.com has them but be patient with them it will take longer than you would reasonably expect. you also can find tutorials on Lexls.com on replacing the Subwoofer and Door speakers. I just replaced my door speakers with JBL 4" full range and the highs are a lot clearer but the stock pioneer (mine, your maybe Nak) had more bass. thinking about upgrading to Infinity Kappas for the component setup again. Also if you want to hook up a aftermarket amp there is a wiring harness on the pass side that has a rubber boot and is easy you enter cabin through this hole. do a search for more info on running the power wire

If you want a nice system for you car. You have to get rid of that stock radio. I agree it looks nice but it old and out dated. Anyway All the new high end cars have TV, DVD, NAV, ECT. So I went with a Double Din 7'' inch screen TV, DVD, NAV, mp4, Sd, ect. I think it looks nice. I've look at a few 98's and they had a Nav, and DVD as an otp. So to the few people who rode in my car thinks my car came for the dealer with that set up already. Second you can add more bass with out being too loud. I would take out the stock sub and replace it with a PIONEER

TS-SW2541D. It's an 10'' inch sub and it's a Shallow Mount sub so it won't take up much space at all. You also can put the new sub in place of the stock sub if you cut the mental dash to a larger size. It doesn't take much to make this type sub fit in the rear dash. And you don't need a very powerful amp to play it. If you have about 300 watts this sub will play just fine. Ebay is an good site to find a good deal on sound. So it depends on what you want. Door speakers is what you want to pay more for. Only because you don't want to hear the voice Sound like crap. Bass is cheap and a Clear voice for mids and highs cost and lil more. But you can always find a good deal out there. Have fun.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went to circuit city and asked for the install kit. He looked it up for me and only found a single din made be Metra with the big pocket at the bottom. Is there a double din install kit available or is it gonna have to be custom. I also thought about putting the radio in the glove box so if a thief looks in my car he would only see the factory radio.

There is an double din install kit available. That's what I have in my LS400. I think Eagle makes the kit ,but I not 100% sure. I've had my system for awhile ,and it's always on back order. Circuit city doesn't have that kit and they can't order it. I try 2 years ago. Try Best Buy or Mobile One Audio Sound And they should have it or at least can order the kit for you. B)

you should be able to find double din kits on ebay. also check out the ebay audio stores, i often use sonixelecoronix. cheap prices on brand new stuff. not many choices for 8" sub. i got a jbl for 60. had to use a dremel and sand bit to make it fit though so you might wanna consider the 10 but it wasn't much just a lil off the sides.

Is there supposed to be some kind of cover under the sub. The previous owner took out the sub and there's just a hole back there. I just bought this 91 LS400 and love it. Just needs a few things here and there to be perfect again.