Ls 400 Emblems

bomre

I have a 1999 LS400 that I want to replace the gold trunk emblems with a set of chrome. I would like to find a good set of used but there is much confusion on which years fit this car. I found a set of 92 - 94 but seller does not know if they fit a 99. Does anyone know "what fits what?"

I know for a fact the front Grill emblem will not fit.

That would lead me to assume the rear "L" would not either cause it's also a slightly different shape.

You can get all brand new OEM chrome emblems from a place like Carson or Park Place Lexus. At Park Place I priced them out to ~$95 for every emblem for my 97.

I have a 1999 LS400 that I want to replace the gold trunk emblems with a set of chrome. I would like to find a good set of used but there is much confusion on which years fit this car. I found a set of 92 - 94 but seller does not know if they fit a 99. Does anyone know "what fits what?"

Thanks you for the response and the recommendation of where to find new emblems at a reasonable cost. I notice your 97 is Pearl White. So is mine. I bought the car about a year ago from the orgional owner who was a "perfectionist" on care. I knew him and always admired the car so one day I was talking to him and said if he ever bought a new one to let me know as I would be interested in buying his old 99. About a year later I saw him again and he said, "If you want it you can have it for 15k." so I bought it. The car is a jem but he had gold plating on all the emblems that I want to replace.

Thanks you for the response and the recommendation of where to find new emblems at a reasonable cost. I notice your 97 is Pearl White. So is mine. I bought the car about a year ago from the orgional owner who was a "perfectionist" on care. I knew him and always admired the car so one day I was talking to him and said if he ever bought a new one to let me know as I would be interested in buying his old 99. About a year later I saw him again and he said, "If you want it you can have it for 15k." so I bought it. The car is a jem but he had gold plating on all the emblems that I want to replace.

It is possible to strip the gold plating off the existing emblems using a buffing wheel. I tried it on an old set of gold emblems once with good results.

The chrome underneath the gold will not be as shiny as a brand new set of emblems, but some people really like that "matte" look. It is similar to the emblems on the Coach edition LS400s. I think they look very attractive.

I love the emblems on my coach edition.... :D :D

Too bad the matte pewter was discontinued, and I'm stuck with chipped up nasty emblems. I have to go chrome if I get new ones :(

• 3 weeks later...
been there done that :P

front: model specific, 95-97, 98-00, and earlier are NOT interchangeable amongst eachother.

Rear: 95-97 and 98-00 CAN interchange, but not with earlier models.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to replace rear emblems. To clarify, do you mean 95 - 97 interchanges within those years, then 98 - 00 interchanges in those years but as an example, 97 emblems will not fit on a 99? Challenge is that there are a fair number of earlier emblems for 95 - 97s but 99s are rare. I found some plastic chromed ones on ebay but I am skeptical of their quality.

been there done that :P

front: model specific, 95-97, 98-00, and earlier are NOT interchangeable amongst eachother.

Rear: 95-97 and 98-00 CAN interchange, but not with earlier models.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to replace rear emblems. To clarify, do you mean 95 - 97 interchanges within those years, then 98 - 00 interchanges in those years but as an example, 97 emblems will not fit on a 99? Challenge is that there are a fair number of earlier emblems for 95 - 97s but 99s are rare. I found some plastic chromed ones on ebay but I am skeptical of their quality.

avoid ebay emblems.

hmm, i actually don't remember posting this, but i'll double check in the next couple days, i think I might have reversed it for front/rear emblems :P

Hi, I have a trunk L and the name LEXUS that came off my 97 coach edition, (sold the LS400) , see photos - they are NICE 35.00.

also have the front grille L with some chips, for 15.00

they are not chrome, but coach edition.

post-5365-1230582369_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1230582378_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1230582387_thumb.jpg