Tire Air Pressure Question

CanadaCraig

Hi Guys!! :)

I'm a bit confused.

My '93 LS now has Bridgestone Turanza LS-V tires. The maxmum air pressure for those tires [according to the sidewall] is 44 psi. The recommended air pressure [according to that little sticker on my car] is either 30 psi or 32 psi. [32 psi if you're carrying more weight] The question is... when would my tires be considered over-inflated - when they are at 33 psi OR 45 psi?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Craig!! :D

Craig,

I think the 45 lbs is the over-inflated mark. I don't think I'd put more than 35 lbs in any tire though.......

I run my tires all the time at 32-34 psi - I think they wear longer. My feellings are the tire manufactures want LOWER pressure in the tires so they'll wear out faster.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2001 ES300 w/Bridgestone Potenza RE92's. I ran the front at 26 psi (per the label recommendation) and the rear at 32 psi. I noticed that the fronts began to wear WAY to fast outside and inside of the tread (typical low pressure signs). I moved them to the rear and put all four at 32 psi and then delayed replacement until now. I've been watching all four very closely and see that the other two are wearing rather poorly too. And then today, I found a bulge on the sidewall for the front passenger (could have been damaged by potholl or something). So... I've seen folks state their lack of enthusiasm for the RE92's and am now uncertain what I'll be purchasing. Besides that I have a perfectly new RE92 in the trunk!

So, even though 26 psi makes is smoother...it kills the treads. Besides that, these tires are about useless after only 23k.

Now, I'll need to go find an alternative.... Ciao!

keep the one in the trunk. It is a spare and will work as that. Just keep an eye on the pressure about every 6 months. Tires do lose air on their own and you don't want a flat as a spare.

review several on going threads on tire replacements.

I know whay you mean about the Bridgies, they go downhill fast. I always kept them at 32 and had even treadware, but rapid treadware.

Welcome to the club(s): LOC and the "I got premature tread loss from Bridgestone club". :lol:

steviej

lol steviej :lol: I agree however, the Bridgestone RE 92 were by far the worst tire I have ever owned especially in wet & snowy conditions at very slow speeds! :censored: is all I can say about em. Welcome ron! B)

:cheers: