How To Fix Your Stereo Lcd

chubyball

Hello guys,

Today I made some progress with fixing my stereo backlight and LCD display. First you guys can order your parts from https://www.pioneerelectronics.com. I would order the awhole LCD INDICATOR ASSY instead of just the LCD itself.

Regarding to the backlight problem, you need to have a pioneer service manual, they will provide the location and part of power supply where it fails your back light.

Here some examples below where I oder the parts and costs. This will save you about $100.00 from shipping to radio repair man.

Good luck to all.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model....lNum=KEXP8156ZT

Model No:KEXP8156ZT

CRT1615

S/M KEX-P8256ZT

NO

$40.82

CWM3714

LCD INDICATOR ASSY

YES

$123.95

perfect timing on this post!

My LCD display is fine but it's not backlit at all. Does that mean I need a new LCD panel or are there replaceable bulbs. My second issue is the backlighting behind all the buttons is extremely dim.

When I turn the lights off, it brightens up considerably around the "Tape" "AM", "FM", etc. buttons. Is that a replaceable bulb issue?

thanks,

Bob

Bob, (ls400)

When you turn your lights on and your panel lights DIM, that is by design. There is a wire on the back of your unit that is connected to your light switch. When your lights go on it dims the panel lights because it assumes it is night time and you don't need as much light. You can override this by disconnecting that wire.

Hi Guys, my 96 worked fine, but had no backlight, days were fine, but no night illumination. I took it out and carried it to OMICRON ELECTRONICS here in Carrollton and they fixed it for me while I waited. They said it was a faulty solder connection, they resoldered it NO CHARGE. wow I was blown away. hope this helps someone..... (the 96 was sold, I wanted two alike- Pearl instead of white, but photo is below)

Hello guys,

Today I made some progress with fixing my stereo backlight and LCD display. First you guys can order your parts from https://www.pioneerelectronics.com. I would order the awhole LCD INDICATOR ASSY instead of just the LCD itself.

Regarding to the backlight problem, you need to have a pioneer service manual, they will provide the location and part of power supply where it fails your back light.

Here some examples below where I oder the parts and costs. This will save you about $100.00 from shipping to radio repair man.

Good luck to all.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model....lNum=KEXP8156ZT

Model No:KEXP8156ZT

CRT1615

S/M KEX-P8256ZT

NO

$40.82

CWM3714

LCD INDICATOR ASSY

YES

$123.95

post-5365-1225458699_thumb.jpg

Scott, it's REALLY dim especially compared to my HVAC controls which I can see dim up/down with the lights on and off. If you turned the lights on during the day you wouldn't even be able to tell. I only figured out that they lit up at all by trying it in a dark garage.

Maybe I'll try and disconnect that wire though and see what happens?

thanks

Scott,

when you said the wire on the back of the unit that is connect to the light switch, what color of the wire exactly? There are 3 connector Blue (small) White and Gray. I assume the wires must be locate in one of this connector. Does in the back of the circuit board label any name for this wire?

My backlight only lit up when I press on the back or the side of the radio case then it will cause them to light up fine at night time with head light is on. I suspect there were some loose solder or components, but there were none.

Does anyone here has Pioneer service manual?

Jeremy

Bob, (ls400)

When you turn your lights on and your panel lights DIM, that is by design. There is a wire on the back of your unit that is connected to your light switch. When your lights go on it dims the panel lights because it assumes it is night time and you don't need as much light. You can override this by disconnecting that wire.