Air Filter

engine. where is that cabin filter located?

The cabin filter is behind the glove box. When you open the glove box there will be a plastic panel that is removable on the back side of the glovebox. After you remove that panel you'll see a white plastic door with clips, remove that panel and the cabin filter is there. Be careful when removing the filter because all kinds of leaves and debris will be there if the filter hasn't been changed in a while.

Ray

engine. where is that cabin filter located?

The cabin filter is behind the glove box. When you open the glove box there will be a plastic panel that is removable on the back side of the glovebox. After you remove that panel you'll see a white plastic door with clips, remove that panel and the cabin filter is there. Be careful when removing the filter because all kinds of leaves and debris will be there if the filter hasn't been changed in a while.

Ray

Thank you Ray, man that filter is really dirty. how often am i suppose to change that filter?

I am looking to replace my 02 gs300 filter, and dealer is asking for 35 bucks for it. anyone able to get them at a discount price?

I usually get mine from here...

http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/merchant...;Store_Code=LSC

$35 for an air filter... thats just :censored:

thanks, 14 dollars that sounds reasonable. :cheers:

You're welcome Lee :cheers: I believe it's supposed to be changed every 15,000 miles, but if you can find them at $14 I'd change mine more often. It really makes a difference with the freshness inside the cabin, as well as the A/C output.

• 4 weeks later...
You're welcome Lee :cheers: I believe it's supposed to be changed every 15,000 miles, but if you can find them at $14 I'd change mine more often. It really makes a difference with the freshness inside the cabin, as well as the A/C output.

could not changing that lead up to the a/c going out?

it shouldnt. a dirty/clogged air filter will slow output but shouldnt stop the whole system, y whats goin on with yours?

it shouldnt. a dirty/clogged air filter will slow output but shouldnt stop the whole system, y whats goin on with yours?

it just went out. idk. my parents have a friend that works for lexus and he is gunna stop by and look at it and fix it for me.

it just went out. idk. my parents have a friend that works for lexus and he is gunna stop by and look at it and fix it for me.

what do u mean by it just went out? stopped blowing? stopped blowing cold air? please specify. i work as a manager for a HVAC-R supply house so this is my field.