Suspensions...

It feels like I'll need to replace the suspension of my 2000 GS300.

Whether it is the springs, the shocks, or the whole kit, does anyone know where should I get it from?

Has anyone who has a 2nd gen GS done any suspension replacement or upgrade? Please let me know.

Thanks.

I'm actually in the process of doing my suspension right now... I have two complete sets of NF210 springs from Tannabe that offer a slight drop and maintain a somewhat stock ride quality from what I've read. I also have a set of bilstein sport struts and a set of KYB GR2 Struts... I haven't decided which set to use yet so I will be selling on complete set of struts and springs eventually. I'm also putting on a set of Tom's 6links to tighten up the rear end. You have lots of options to go for... with me I'm chosing a set up to only mildly increase handling because i want to maintain a somewhat smooth ride even though I'm on 19's wrapped in low profile rubber.

Whether it is the springs, the shocks, or the whole kit, does anyone know where should I get it from?

Has anyone who has a 2nd gen GS done any suspension replacement or upgrade? Please let me know.

Thanks.

You can check it out at L-tunes. They have lots of suspension kit..

I'm at 93k also... ebay has good pricing if you just want to buy the shocks and leave OEM springs, I recommend KYB-GR2 if you want to maintain a stock feel... if you want something a little more agressive Tannabe NF210s are good while still maintaining comfort. I'll be selling a set soon if you're interested.

I'm at 93k also... ebay has good pricing if you just want to buy the shocks and leave OEM springs, I recommend KYB-GR2 if you want to maintain a stock feel... if you want something a little more agressive Tannabe NF210s are good while still maintaining comfort. I'll be selling a set soon if you're interested.

for how much?

brian

Thanks.

Go to www.ajusa.com for KYB G2 shocks for the low! A little better then stock and won't ride harsh!

Thanks.

Go to www.ajusa.com for KYB G2 shocks for the low! A little better then stock and won't ride harsh!

or you can just buy the KYB's on ebay and save $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-4-GR-2-...sspagenameZWDVW

I'm probably going to sell my set of KYB's and NF210's for $425 shipped. or $375 picked up. They have under 1000 miles on them.

Like I've said before, you can replace just the shocks if you would like to. It would improve the ride slightly. At 93k, you're shocks are probably pretty worn. I doubt your springs actually need to change but I would if I were you. Spend a little on some Tannabe NF210's, or Eibachs, Or Teins... You can get a slight drop and a mild improvement in handling. I would also check your ball joints and maybe consider Daizen Sway bars and Tom's 6 links to tighten up the rear end... eliminate that "float" some us may have noticed. New springs and shocks would be a nice start... but remember the lower the drop, the higher the spring rate, the higher the spring rate the harsher the ride. KYB's ride a lil gentler than Bilsteins from what I've heard. I have both sitting collecting dust right now but I'm putting on some NF210's and bilsteins soon. Let us know how everything goes.

DJSpawn, let us know how your car rides when you have your new suspension put in. That is my next thing, and i don't know *BLEEP* about suspension brands unless it's a snowmobile. I have a couple friends who swear by Bilsteins, but they run GTI's or R32's, so it's quite a different car. So i'd like to hear your opinion when you get them on.

Chris

I installed Eibach Springs with Bilstein Shocks. By the way, I recently read in Road & Track that the new Lotus Eagle will have Eibach Springs and Bilstein Shocks setup. :o The ride is Lexus-like with a little more harshness on bumps. The attitude is greatly improved and I was considering sway bars, but this set up is so good that I would really think twice before spending the big bucks on sways. The install was very easy. You don't even have to take apart ball joints for the front. Rear is easy too. My OEM setup had only 30k on it.

I installed Eibach Springs with Bilstein Shocks. By the way, I recently read in Road & Track that the new Lotus Eagle will have Eibach Springs and Bilstein Shocks setup. :o The ride is Lexus-like with a little more harshness on bumps. The attitude is greatly improved and I was considering sway bars, but this set up is so good that I would really think twice before spending the big bucks on sways. The install was very easy. You don't even have to take apart ball joints for the front. Rear is easy too. My OEM setup had only 30k on it.

hey man...how much did you spend cause i wanted to originally buy a new bodykit for my car but i was thinking about just dropping the car with a new suspension instead

I bought all the stuff on EBAY. Eibach Springs were like 240 and the bilsteins were 475. It took awhile to decide what to do with my money. I looked into body kits, two tone leather, everything in the book. I finally decided to go with anything suspension because this is what I believe the GS lacks most. I am very happy and do not regret one penny spent on this upgrade. I did the work myself though I still need to get an alignment as when you do this the geometry of the suspension changes, thus throwing off your alignment. However I've been driving it and it's not like it's eating my tires or anything but still it is a necessity.

hey man...how much did you spend cause i wanted to originally buy a new bodykit for my car but i was thinking about just dropping the car with a new suspension instead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I bought all the stuff on EBAY. Eibach Springs were like 240 and the bilsteins were 475. It took awhile to decide what to do with my money. I looked into body kits, two tone leather, everything in the book. I finally decided to go with anything suspension because this is what I believe the GS lacks most. I am very happy and do not regret one penny spent on this upgrade. I did the work myself though I still need to get an alignment as when you do this the geometry of the suspension changes, thus throwing off your alignment. However I've been driving it and it's not like it's eating my tires or anything but still it is a necessity.

Can you point me to any 'how to' posts for shock/strut replacement?