Srt Cold Air Intake And Ecu

Looking for input/advice. Anyone had experience with this product. I am a little concerned about the ECU being plugged in the system. Will it effect my factory settings. Don't know if it reprograms or just alters what comes out of the computer. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

anything aftermarket will have an effect on your car, good or bad, run it for a while, if you have problems it's prob just a sensor or ECU that needs to be tuned. never know tiill you try!

Good luck. even tho research shows that stock intake is best........ :rolleyes:

anything aftermarket will have an effect on your car, good or bad, run it for a while, if you have problems it's prob just a sensor or ECU that needs to be tuned. never know tiill you try!

what research are you looking at? stock intake is still restrictive with fuel mileage an etc etc etc in mind. stock is DEF not the best intake. its just a piggy back comp. it plugs in and overrides the factory ecu. if u unplug it and do a re flash (unhook battery for 15 mins and hook back everything will get cleared when it "re-learns" your driving! it wont do any harm!

brian

what research are you looking at? stock intake is still restrictive with fuel mileage an etc etc etc in mind. stock is DEF not the best intake. its just a piggy back comp. it plugs in and overrides the factory ecu. if u unplug it and do a re flash (unhook battery for 15 mins and hook back everything will get cleared when it "re-learns" your driving! it wont do any harm!

brian

brian, thanks for the input. i am going to give it a try. i had a feeling it was piggy back. i am going to add the tanabe cat back as well. should see some improvement in performance. talk to ya later.

tom

your welcome and good luck to u. how much you getting the srt for? doing any dyno time here or just butt dyno? post some pics when you get done B)

brian

just under $600. i have asked if it will be going on sale, but of course no response yet. i will post some pics after install. it will all be seat of the pants testing. see ya.

your welcome and good luck to u. how much you getting the srt for? doing any dyno time here or just butt dyno? post some pics when you get done B)

brian

just under $600. i have asked if it will be going on sale, but of course no response yet. i will post some pics after install. it will all be seat of the pants testing. see ya.

if you search around you can normally find it for like a low 500 but i guess thats about what your paying. yeah most peoples are from a butt dyno :) keep us all posted! where you getting it from jw!

brian

brian

if you search around you can normally find it for like a low 500 but i guess thats about what your paying. yeah most peoples are from a butt dyno :) keep us all posted! where you getting it from jw!

brian

jw? was planning on getting it direct from swiftracing.com. not sure what jw is. on a side note, i found a header for the 02 gs300 at mazzurisuper.com that appears to be constructed well, but no cats installed. i would have to add them in order to pass inspection. that part scares me a little. i would hate to screw up a $900 header. see ya.

jw? was planning on getting it direct from swiftracing.com. not sure what jw is. on a side note, i found a header for the 02 gs300 at mazzurisuper.com that appears to be constructed well, but no cats installed. i would have to add them in order to pass inspection. that part scares me a little. i would hate to screw up a $900 header. see ya.

You don't have to add Cat's... if you add cats you might as well leave it stock... what you do get is an 02 simulator which pretty much replaces the post cat 02 sensor and relays information back to your ECU as if though you had a functioning cat... you'll pass inspections in most states that just use the OBDII diagnostic port.

You don't have to add Cat's... if you add cats you might as well leave it stock... what you do get is an 02 simulator which pretty much replaces the post cat 02 sensor and relays information back to your ECU as if though you had a functioning cat... you'll pass inspections in most states that just use the OBDII diagnostic port.

i will have to check into the o2 sim. i think texas actually does a exhaust check, not sure though. something else to check into. thanks for the info.

i will have to check into the o2 sim. i think texas actually does a exhaust check, not sure though. something else to check into. thanks for the info.

texas does the obdII and the ASM test (exhaust) in the county i live in, so the header is probably not worth pursuing since i drive this vehicle everyday.