Intolerable / Infuriating Issue With Gs430

I'm having 1 issue with my GS430 that I haven't had with any car I've driven before - not even my old 1991 Honda:

I press the button to circulate the cabin air, but it STILL BRINGS in the air from the outside. I was driving just now, and some smoggy truck blows exhaust at me. My air is already set to cabin/internal circulation only, but I smelled the exhaust. Strongly. As if my windows were rolled down and I was sucking on the exhaust pipe.

I'm infuriated and angry that I had to smell something so toxic when my "Circulate Cabin Air" button is pressed.

I'm taking to the Lexus dealer and demanding work, but has anyone else experienced this?

2006 GS430.

29k miles.

In another post I was requesting a carbon filter. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Edit: This was eating at me, so I opened up my filter for the 1st time.

It's not that badly clogged. No major clogs or dirt. It's a "Denzo" particle filter. Not that thick. I'm seeing how the circulation mechanism works - it looks like it just opens and closes a little plastic door.

Why not have the dealer fix it, its under warranty.

It's under warranty for many more miles/years.

My problem is that if they decide it's not a warranty issue, they'll charge me 120 bucks for a useless diagnostic. I'm going to wait for my carbon filter to arrive before I take it to the dealer, so they don't go telling me that I need to change that.

If they find that the flap is working, they'll just charge me 120 bucks for taking a peek. That might make me go postal.

If they find that the flap is working, they'll just charge me 120 bucks for taking a peek. That might make me go postal.

I don't think they will charge you. That is what the warrantly is all about.

Call them and ask if they will take a look. If there is a problem, it is covered. Looking for it is covered.

When out of warrantly, that's a different story.

steviej

I don't think they will charge you. That is what the warrantly is all about.

Call them and ask if they will take a look. If there is a problem, it is covered. Looking for it is covered.

When out of warrantly, that's a different story.

steviej

Yeah, I'll take it in this week. I see the problem now:

I opened the compartment to the cabin filter in my mom's IS250. I pressed the internal and external circulation button, and the plastic door in there opens and closes automatically.

My GS430 doesn't do this. The flap just floats freely. It won't stay open (to be internal). Gravity just drops it back down closed.