Oil Change Trans Flush

timothy

hello, had my first trans fluid change and flushed, 04 es, 52000 miles, found a local shop that works on toyota, lexus. worked on my gm cars and trucks for over 10 years, great service. car seems to shift better, smoother. seem normal? i'm happy. saved a ton of money over the dealer. the tech took me back in the shop and showed me how they did the flush and fluid change. thanks

tim

hello, had my first trans fluid change and flushed, 04 es, 52000 miles, found a local shop that works on toyota, lexus. worked on my gm cars and trucks for over 10 years, great service. car seems to shift better, smoother. seem normal? i'm happy. saved a ton of money over the dealer. the tech took me back in the shop and showed me how they did the flush and fluid change. thanks

tim

You can save lots more money by doing the drain and fill yourself. Its easier than doing an oil and filter change.

I posted a thread with pictures in the Tutorial forum about 4 years ago. Wicked easy.

steviej

I do a trans drain/fill at every oil change.

To do it the easiest way, you need to get two identical plastic jugs, both very clean and dry.

One is going to be for old fluid only and the other is for new fluid only.

Drain the transmission into your catch pan, then pour it into the jug you designate will be for old fluid.

Now set the empty new fluid jug next to it and fill to match with fresh fluid.

Now all you have to do is pour that one into the car and you don't need to mess with filling and checking.

The only thing about this way is that you only get about 3 quarts out when you just drain it. On the other hand, doing it at every oil change insures that you get a steady flow of fresh fluid into the trans. I figured it out that to fully flush the system in this way, you would have to perform this drain fill maneuver 22 times in a row. I'll settle for just knowing that I'm bringing fresh fluid in regularly.

Hope it helps! :)