Cell Phones

Manchester

I just upgraded to a LG chocolate 3. But when looking at many options used this link to ensure compatibility.

cheers

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/...mp;passedPaIds=

That is the link I always use and neither the iPhone or Vu is listed but I didn't know how often they redo their data.

BT is a standard for communication that if it has a BT logo then it "should" work per the manufacturer of the device. It may not be on the Lexus list because they have not had a chance to test it to make sure and have an out if it doesn't work. I know that none of the phones that I have had were on that list but they all have worked. Nowadays there are more phones with BT than they can keep up with. I give it a 98% chance that it will work. But if it doesn't work, don't blame me, I said 98%, not 100%...

Okay. My daughter just got the LG Vue for her birthday, so just for you I tried it with my car. It does connect easily. The information for the strength of connection and battery strength does not show properly on the display however. The display shows 0 for each despite the phone being full on each. I also could not transfer any of the the phone book data to the car successfully. The phone I use (Palm 755p) on the other hand works great once you get past some initial goofiness with the connection.

Also note I only tried it for about ten minutes. Longer effort may payoff more.

BT is a standard for communication that if it has a BT logo then it "should" work per the manufacturer of the device.

Bluetooth tech has not been totally standardized. Yes it can route calls to the connect system, but transferring phonebook data, call logs, signal strength, etc still have yet to be standardized.

BT is a standard for communication that if it has a BT logo then it "should" work per the manufacturer of the device.

Bluetooth tech has not been totally standardized. Yes it can route calls to the connect system, but transferring phonebook data, call logs, signal strength, etc still have yet to be standardized.

Yes, true. But the primary function of most phones that have BT is to route the voice input and output to the connected device. That standard has to exist in order for a phone to have the BT logo on it. And that is what works on the Lexus system. There is also a standard for file transmission and music transmission, but many phones do not have this developed. Also, the Lexus system would have to have the latest BT software version installed and some programming in the head unit (plus a place to store things like music such as a hard drive) to make use of all this.

The time will come when you can have music stored on your phone that will play through the speakers with out using wires, and you'll be able to take calls, pausing the music. And the phones, such as PDA phones and smartphones will be better at this (some are already capable of this such as the latest iteration of the Motorola Q). And the iPhone, of course, will do this after all the other ones and claim that they invented it... But one thing will be for sure, the iPhone will be the easiest to use!

• 4 weeks later...
I am considering getting a new cell phone and have considered getting either an iPhone or an LG Vu. Has anyone used them to connect to the Bluetooth connection of the navigation system on an '08 ES350?

I tried my Iphone and it wouldnt work for some reason, my nokia N95 works great on the other hand.

• 4 weeks later...
I am considering getting a new cell phone and have considered getting either an iPhone or an LG Vu. Has anyone used them to connect to the Bluetooth connection of the navigation system on an '08 ES350?

I tried my Iphone and it wouldnt work for some reason, my nokia N95 works great on the other hand.

I had both the 1st and 2nd generation Iphones and they both pair just fine.

The BT system does have echo most times.

I would not buy it again. I now use an in-ear unit.

My phone does not echo, there has been some discussion on this forum about what causes this and how to eliminate it. If you search for it you will find things that will compensate for it. It's either that or BT on iPhone is not good. Also, I am sure the dealership can help at no cost. Ever since I got this I do not use my in-ear unit.