Simple Question From A New Lexus Owner

bkoch89

Recently I purchased a 1993 Lexus LS400.. Two quick questions.. 1. What are the best Xenon/HID lights I could purchase for this vehicle? 2. What are the best clear front bumper lights available?

Your input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Update: Is it possible to install Angeleyes on the front corner lights? ... or smoked tail lights?

Recently I purchased a 1993 Lexus LS400.. Two quick questions.. 1. What are the best Xenon/HID lights I could purchase for this vehicle? 2. What are the best clear front bumper lights available?

Your input is greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Update: Is it possible to install Angeleyes on the front corner lights? ... or smoked tail lights?

I cannot tell you about the HID lights because I do not have them - But I bought I set of bulbs for my car and they look really nice and blue at night. Perhaps you will consider this option. Here's the link for your car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue-H4-Xen...sspagenameZWDVW

On the clear bumper lights, my friend and I both both a pair for our 1990 LS400s from different manufactures on ebay - they both look the same and they both look great. Here is a link to an ebay auction where you can purchase some:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93...sspagenameZWDVW

On the smoked taillights that's a project you can do youself. Here is the link on how to do it:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/ti...taillights.html

In my car, I decided to get clear tailights since I already had the from bumper lights clear. I bought them off e-bay and here's the link if you decide to go for the clear look instead of the smoked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...sspagenameZWDVW

About the angeleyes - corner lamps-- I could not find any. However, although these DO NOT fit my car since it's a 1990...they WILL fit yours and they look really, really cool. It's a set of headlight/fog/corner - European Style. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94-LEXUS...sspagenameZWDVW

I hope this can help you in your project, let us know how it goes. Good Luck!!

"In my car, I decided to get clear tailights since I already had the from bumper lights clear. I bought them off e-bay and here's the link if you decide to go for the clear look instead of the smoked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...sspagenameZWDVW"

Please upload a pic of your car with clear tails or mabe a link to one that has a pic of a completed installation. I would like to see how big the change is going to be before buying. Thanks for the link!

Definitely scan through ebay to get an idea of costs/looks for the applications you are considering. HID kits are a must in my opinion, and I have used them on 3 of my Lexus vehicles in the past. They used to be quite expensive ($350-$500), but I have seen kits now as low as $150 for 2 ballasts/choice of K bulbs. Good luck!

Thanks again, all the help is much appreciated.

Ok..here are some pics of the rearlights - my car - before and after!

I hope you can post some pictures when you are done with your project! And also, if you could take and post some pics of your project in progress that would be great too!

post-60222-1221922336_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922365_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922849_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922860_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922866_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922884_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922920_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922941_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1221922964_thumb.jpg

Marlon, sorry bud but the clears don't work for me. Neither does the lip on the trunk. Imo, clears/chrome B pillars etc., work best on white cars. But then, these days I'm mostly a stock guy unless something really looks hot. Performance is another issue. There's lots you can do with the susp/eng/exhaust/wheels/tires that will bump up your stats without changing the basic look of the body. I find most high end cars are pretty much complete in their design and most mods turn them into ricers instead of enhancing the design. Look back 20 -30 years and you'll see the originals with no mods are getting top dollar on the collection circuit. They become classics. Just saying.

that is probably the ugliest thing ive seen since i went to a bar and got really really drunk and woke up next to sasquatch

You are being pretty mean. It takes balls to post pics on here with something new. I dare you to post a pic of your face and see what the rest of us here think. C'mon give the guy a break, he is being brave IMO :)

that is probably the ugliest thing ive seen since i went to a bar and got really really drunk and woke up next to sasquatch

You are being pretty mean. It takes balls to post pics on here with something new. I dare you to post a pic of your face and see what the rest of us here think. C'mon give the guy a break, he is being brave IMO :)

Thanks IS400 - for the encouragement you give people to put pictures on these forums!! :cheers:

For all the critics out there - Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if someone does not like it what the changes I did to MY car...that is really not my problem. ....I did like the way this car looked stock but it looked just like every other LS400 out there and that is why I decided to change the rear lights, among other things. I am really happy with the way it looks and that is what matters to me. And the only reason I posted them was because "BKOCH89" was looking for some advice.

I guess when you post something here, it's up for anyone to respond. Nevertheless, matters not whether anyone else likes it. What you like is what it should be! And goodonya for sticking your neck out to help out another member! :cheers: