Light Weight Wheels

What's up Guys?

I currently have some 19" crome wheels on my Silver 1998 GS300, i would like to go for a lighter in 19" wheel, for performance reasons, this time no crome, under $300 per wheel. Does anyone know what's light or have any pics of what looks good? I was thinking of TSW, Konig, etc. about 27lbs per wheel. Anyone?

post-74163-1220795759_thumb.jpg

post-74163-1220795888_thumb.jpg

You know, the best place to go is www.tirerack.com. I've had lots of luck with them in the past with suspension parts, tires, and accessories. I've never used them for wheels, well, just becuase the brands I was chasing they didn't carry. With that said, the 2nd Gen GS is a stunner with LOTS of options for wheels. Try looking at some O.Z.'s with a nice offset, maybe some Donz Columbo's, you've really got a ton of options.

You know, the best place to go is www.tirerack.com. I've had lots of luck with them in the past with suspension parts, tires, and accessories. I've never used them for wheels, well, just becuase the brands I was chasing they didn't carry. With that said, the 2nd Gen GS is a stunner with LOTS of options for wheels. Try looking at some O.Z.'s with a nice offset, maybe some Donz Columbo's, you've really got a ton of options.

Great, thanks guys, more feed back is always welcomed.

Shawn,

Your car looks sick! I love the clear side markers; that's a great detail. I have nothing to add regarding the wheels but I noticed that your wipers are in the winter position. For a car that looks as sweet as yours you might want to put them down into the summer position. They will rest just beneath the hood cowl. Just press either wiper arm further down on the windshield (there will be resistance) and you'll feel them "shift" into place. They are designed to be used in either position. If you already knew all of this, sorry to waste your time. Good luck with the rims!

Matty

...well, there's an expression commonly used; "you gotta pay to play." So I propose to you a variety of 3-piece wheels such as I-Forged, HRE and Work wheels. These are top notch wheels that have beautiful finishes built specifically to your specs on a "made to order" basis, VERY lightweight and superior strength due to the materials used. However, They start at around $700/wheel. GL man with your choices. By the way there are plenty of 18, 19 and 20" lightweight wheels that are even lighter than the small stock 16 and 17" Lexus wheels! You will DEFINATELY notice a difference in performance too.

Shawn,

Your car looks sick! I love the clear side markers; that's a great detail. I have nothing to add regarding the wheels but I noticed that your wipers are in the winter position. For a car that looks as sweet as yours you might want to put them down into the summer position. They will rest just beneath the hood cowl. Just press either wiper arm further down on the windshield (there will be resistance) and you'll feel them "shift" into place. They are designed to be used in either position. If you already knew all of this, sorry to waste your time. Good luck with the rims!

Matty

Hey thanks Matty,

I'm glad you like my car, she is a beauty, i try to take care of her. Had her for 8 years now, can't tell you how many times she has got me laid, lol.

I will check out that wiper blade, thanks.