Changing Battery In Keyless Remote

i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the battery in the keyless entry remote. i have an 07 is250 and i cant figure out how to open the casing on the keyless remote. (or i could be completely off and theres no battery inside these keyless remotes?) i just have one and its not working and when i got my car from the dealer, it had a battery tapped to the back of the remote? thats why im assuming they have batteries in them) any help would be greatly appreciated!

i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the battery in the keyless entry remote. i have an 07 is250 and i cant figure out how to open the casing on the keyless remote. (or i could be completely off and theres no battery inside these keyless remotes?) i just have one and its not working and when i got my car from the dealer, it had a battery tapped to the back of the remote? thats why im assuming they have batteries in them) any help would be greatly appreciated!

Repeat after me... "the search function is my friend"

Remote battery replacement

Mine's three years old. I get a little notice from the dashboard once in a while that the battery is getting week. Reckon I should change it out.

The slot to pry it open is in the recessed area you see after you take the steel key out of the fob. The fob comes apart in two halves and then snaps back together. There isnt any little door or anything for access.

Mine's three years old. I get a little notice from the dashboard once in a while that the battery is getting week. Reckon I should change it out.

The slot to pry it open is in the recessed area you see after you take the steel key out of the fob. The fob comes apart in two halves and then snaps back together. There isnt any little door or anything for access.

Thanks for the help! and boy you guys are a tough crowd. ive never been part of a forum before, and ive only had my car for a week... and when i couldnt find the answer on the web, i figured i would ask some experts. im not too familiar with forums so sorry for posting if i shoulda searched first? i just read all the recent open topics and threads and when i couldnt find it there, i posted a new topic. but thanks again to everyone who responded.

Thanks for the help! and boy you guys are a tough crowd. ive never been part of a forum before, and ive only had my car for a week... and when i couldnt find the answer on the web, i figured i would ask some experts. im not too familiar with forums so sorry for posting if i shoulda searched first? i just read all the recent open topics and threads and when i couldnt find it there, i posted a new topic. but thanks again to everyone who responded.

Stick around. You'll like it here. It's probably the most polite car board around.

Stick around. You'll like it here. It's probably the most polite car board around.

hey dude the dealer will do it no prob

No worries bruce... everyone's a newb at least one time in life! I was only messin' with ya.

Thanks but from the wonderful instructions i was given, i figured out how to do it in like 2 mins! it was real simple. and btw im not a dude! :)

And they'll charge you $30 for the battery, and 2/10ths of an hour of labor at $100/hr.

This one is just too easy to have the dealer do it--even if you have to crack open the manual.